This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So cheap, she's positively crackers

Had a pair of customers today. While I was loading their carriage, I glanced into the baby basket portion of the carriage, and saw about seven of those mini-packets of oyster crackers we have at the soup counter. When I handed them to the cashier, the woman was like, "What, you have to PAY for those?!", and demanded that five of them be put back.

We charge all of ten cents per packet for those.

All the time

I am shopping and time and time again I see items in the shopping cart ahead of me in a position where tellers will have problems seeing it.

I always am helpful in pointing it out, and even help the forgetful person who forgot it was there , it amazing how many people forget items when they get to the front counter.

Comment

Even if those were gratis I wouldn't take that many. I once complained that a "customer" would take a 4 inch stack of Equal packets and the manager didn't care. "They're cheap" she said. Uh, no, they are not. Condiments and such are expensive and beside that the entitlement is disgusting.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        Even if those were gratis I wouldn't take that many. I once complained that a "customer" would take a 4 inch stack of Equal packets and the manager didn't care. "They're cheap" she said. Uh, no, they are not. Condiments and such are expensive and beside that the entitlement is disgusting.
        A co-worker of mine - who has more money than God and keeps finding more in various funds, etc, set up by her late father - used to take a fistful of sweetener packs from the cafeteria condiment bar, every few days. I got tired of seeing this and one day left a coupon for the same brand sweetener on her desk.

She wondered aloud who could have left it there. I said nothing. But she did stop taking dozens of packets of something that she could easily afford on her own.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Silent peer pressure at its finest!

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
            saw about seven of those mini-packets of oyster crackers we have at the soup counter. ....
            We charge all of ten cents per packet for those.
            To be fair, not all stores make it clear how much or even if there is a charge for them, but still that over a half-buck
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              I got tired of seeing this and one day left a coupon for the same brand sweetener on her desk.

She wondered aloud who could have left it there. I said nothing. But she did stop taking dozens of packets of something that she could easily afford on her own.
              This is great!
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

*sigh* Late husband was a hoarder. Any time we went out for a quick cheap meal, he'd bring home a couple extra packets of ketchup. Then they'd sit in the refrigerator, because of course, we had bottles of ketchup.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  To be fair, not all stores make it clear how much or even if there is a charge for them
                  True, if I don't see a price right away I look to see if there's a bar code. If there's not, it's almost always complimentary. Of course, I always put the packet on top of the item when I go through the checkout and the cashier knows how to proceed.

I remember seeing a lady buy groceries at a small local chain and as she left she casually grabbed a handful of something (either sugar or honey, can't remember) from the Green Mermaid which had it's add-on counter lining the side of the store. It was a very small store, limited room. The last time I was in that store the Green Mermaid was closed for remodeling. I bet you an expensive sugary drink that the layout is changed the next time I go back. There's no way they could make room for a sitting area, but they could probably incorporate the creamer/sugar/napkin bar as a part of the pickup counter somehow.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                  X