Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Praising customers, colleagues, and good service (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   We Have the Most Honest and Trustworthy Customers (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=121455)

Ghel 03-22-2019 02:02 PM

We Have the Most Honest and Trustworthy Customers

TL;DR: I left my debit card in the ATM and nobody stole it.

Yesterday evening, I went to pay for my groceries with my debit card and discovered it wasn't in my wallet. Then I remembered that I had gotten cash at the ATM before I left work. The ATM is in the entryway of the bank I work at. With the chip cards, you leave the card in the ATM until you're done with the transaction. Well, it seems I walked away without taking the card out. I mean, I had my cash and my receipt - what else did I need? :rolleyes:

I started to freak out a little when I realized what had happened. I paid for my groceries with my credit card, and then drove over to the bank. Swearing and ranting at myself the whole time. I was going to have to get my card hot-carded. I was going to have to change all my automatic payments that I pay using my debit card. I was going to have to pay for things with cash until my new debit card arrived. I was going to have to memorize a new pin number.

I got to the bank and saw it before I even got to the door. Propped up on top of the card reader on the ATM was my debit card. My relief was instant.

I was able to go through the camera history to see who was at the ATM between when I got cash and when I picked up my card. There was only one customer, and I don't recognize him. I almost want to dig a little deeper so I can send him a thank you note, but that might be a little creepy.

Rosco the Iroc 03-22-2019 07:07 PM

There are 2-3 people still out there that redeem humanity.

AkaiKitsune 03-23-2019 07:03 AM

Quote:

Quoth Rosco the Iroc (Post 1378253)
There are 2-3 people still out there that redeem humanity.

Yep.

I once left my purse, which contained my entire rent money in cash in an envelope labeled rent $$ on the bus. It also had my bus pass (which meant I couldnít transfer to get the rest of the way home and had to hoof it. Also had my cell and iPod). Someone not only found it. Meanwhile I had stepped off the bus and had an oh shit moment while the bus drove away. By the time I got home in tears, whoever had picked up my purse on the bus had not only left it on the ledge by my door (that was hidden from streetview by a butterfly bush. But all my stuff, almost $1200 rent money, my cell iPod and house keys were all there still. When I went to count my rent money to make sure everything was there (because ya know, rent) They has slipped one of those pre-paid visas in. Clearly they had seen the wad of cash. But I guess some people can understand how shity it would be to loose your entire rent money. I donít make enough to have a savings account and certainly not enough to replace rent.

Seriously though, I canít say that I am necessarily that good a person. $1200 is a lot of untraceable funds. I would like to think I would though.

There are still good people out there.