This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon lady vs. Trench - Round 1

I just had a call from a chinese lady with a very distinct south asian twang in her voice. This isn't important but it made her all the more funnier to deal with when she was complaining.

The just of her argument was that she'd just bought food from one of our restaurants and felt the manager and server were both being rude towards her when she tried to pay with a coupon. I have no idea how they were being rude as she wouldn't tell me anything when pressed for details, but I went ahead and apologized anyway for the problem.

She then asked me, nay - demanded from me that the food she'd bought be compensated for all the the rudeness she'd had to endure. I asked her where the food was and she said it was sitting on her kitchen counter. I asked further and she said that nothing was wrong with any of it, she just felt that in order to keep her as a customer we should send her free money.

After scratching my head for why we would be in the business of giving away free money, I told her that if she wanted to return the food to the restaurant then we would happily refund her money. Of course to her, the SC, this was an unacceptable answer. She reiterated that she felt she should be given a full refund without having to return the food because of the way she was treated.

I informed her that we'd check the security tapes, which have audio, to determine if she really was mistreated but that we weren't going to give her money for something just based on her say so. What proof does she have of her mistreatment? Since she didn't have any solid evidence, she ignored my statement and proceeded demanding a full refund. She also mentioned that she wasn't going to eat the food anyways but just throw it out. Well now that she's wasting perfectly good food while people starve, I made up my mind that the gloves were off and she would be getting Nothing! So I replied:

"Well how do we know you're not really going to eat the food unless we get it back?"

Well stop the world, I just called her a liar. She exploded with rants and raves that the customer is always better than the employee, the customer is always right and never wrong etc. Well Fuckin rights you dragon whore, I don't know you from a hole in the ground and the hole in your head and yet you expect me to refund you for something I don't even know to be true?? You already sound like an entitlement whore; I wouldn't be surprised if their "rudeness" was in response to your bad attitude, in which case I whole heartedly agree with their poor treatement of you. Do you think Wal-Mart became what it is by refunding people and not asking for the product to be returned??!! (please, no walmart smears on this page, let's just stick with the story)

She accused me of being part of a great heartless corporation that was rich enough to do her "reasonable" request. I told her "No food, No money"

She said she'd tell all her friends and family and they'd stay away blah blah blah but since we're well renowned and extremely popular in California, I know that won't happen. Geez people, billion dollar companies are not scared of your family or your extended family. There's always another gerbil popping out of the ground for every one of you that we slay. I just hope her family has the balls to tell crazy lady she's nuts to her face.

In the end she said she'd never be coming back and I hung up on her without even saying goodbye. God I love my job, and when I get to demolish an SC's demands that just makes my day all that much better!
    Last edited by allniter; 06-08-2008, 08:18 PM.
    Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

I dunno what her problem is. Wal-mart takes my internet coupons with no problem.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The servers probably said "please" and "thank you" with the wrong tone-of-voice.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

or ... dare i say it.. have a nice day in an insincere way- u know that tone that is used by a lowly wage slave after working 8 hours in the abuse mine the nerve

Comment

Not a smart way of trying to get free stuff. Now if she went off saying how they were rude, her order was messed up, and how she's at work and can't bring stuff back, yada yada yada, most managers I've known will give in and comp something. Not necessarily the enire ticket mind you, but something. She shouldn't been less EW and more wheedling. Annoying as it is, wheedling seems to work.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

The coupon was probably for a different restaurant.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
            X