X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five-Weird-Things-About-You Game

I'll start:

1. Asparagus or ice cream? Asparagus. Always.
    2. I have a dining set that I use for sewing or projects, but I eat in my easy chair. I also don't own a sofa.
    3. I don't know/care about cars. I can't tell you what kind of cars my best friends drive. I was once asked about a car after I witnessed an accident, and all I could give was, "Uh, it was blue." I'm not even sure about that.
    4. I snore, walk, talk, and hit stuff in my sleep. I've woken up with injuries.
    5. I don't have a favorite color, but my favorite number is three.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

1. I seem to have a botanical application embedded into my brain like it's pre-loaded software or something. It's kind of weird. Sometimes I can identify plants intuitively, without really knowing what they are or having seen them.

2. My singing voice sounds absolutely nothing at all like my speaking voice. You cannot tell it's me on a recording. I can fool my own parents.

3. Sense of direction so bad it's the stuff of local legend.

4. Can usually deconstruct a recipe by eating it.

5. Really, really flakey.

Comment

1. Allergic to horses. No other animal, just horses.

2. While a decent singer and piano player, I have a horrible ear for languages. I can read/write fine...but speaking and listening? It's all Greek.

3. If given the opportunity, I can easily sleep 13 hours every day.

4. For being a gamer, I completely skipped a generation of games. I never played a SNES game until this year.

5. I have successfully ruined spaghetti before by...not sure how. Mom thinks it was either I boiled it too long....or too little.
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

1. My natural hair color is a medium brown, but I look best with red or bleach blonde hair.

2. My favorite animals are bunny rabbits and dragons.

3. I'd much rather be too cold then too hot.

4. I dislike shoes and despise socks.

5. I'm a massive tomboy but I *hate* bugs, spiders, and creepy crawly things.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

-everything about me- Ok, I'm done. Hrm, let's see...

1) I'm allergic to live chickens.

2) When I talk on the phone, I sound like a 10-year-old girl.

3) I have made up a melody to almost every song in the Redwall books.

4) I like multicolored socks.

5) I have a penguin collection.
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

1) I'm allergic to onions, orange juice (only from concentrate), Benadryl, and latex

2) All of my medical issues can be narrowed down to two things. Neither of which there's any prior history of on either side of my family.

3) I'm a low-grade empath/psychic/whatever. Which, apparently, *does* run in my family.

4) I own more books than I own clothing.

5) I've been speaking full sentences since I was 9 months old (and singing since before I could talk)
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

1) I excel in science, english, history and mathmatics, but I am choosing to be an artist (not that I suck at art)
              2) I have green and brown eyes as well as an eye freckle.
              3) I can easily be mistaken for a different person when out of uniform (work uniform; not military)
              4) My hands and skin are always baby soft despite the abuse they/it takes
              5) I can dislocate my left thumb and only my left thumb
              Answers: $1
              Correct Answers: $2
              Answers that require thought: $5
              Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Quoth firecat88
                I'm a low-grade empath/psychic/whatever.
                Omg! Me too!
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

1) I had a sizable collection of Garfield books and stuff as a kid. (Actually, it's still at Dad's house.)

2) I'm a theatre person who doesn't particularly like Shakespeare. Best of the English writers, no doubt, but no competition for German, French, or Russian playwrights. Read Lermontov's Masquerade and you'll see what I mean.

3) I hate 'chick flicks.' Of course, my Fiance loves them. Reverse stereotypes = fun.

4) I *love* to clean and organize messes. I think that if I could start over again, I might be a librarian or a professional organizer.

5) I no longer watch any non-animated scripted television. It's all travel/food television and animated shows like Futurama. That wasn't a conscious decision I just....kinda lost interest.
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I have an eye freckle, too. I just never knew what to call it. It's orange, while my irises are teal.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Strange things, huh? Where the hell do I start?

1. I once ran for public office when I was 21. Not as a write-in, either...I was actually on the ballot.

2. I have been arrested 8 times in 5 different states. I have never been convicted of or even charged with of any misdemeanors or felonies. No, there are no typos in this statement.

3. I have exactly one food allergy: bananas. But it won't kill me or even incapacitate me if I eat bananas. It will just irritate my throat to the point of my thinking, "Man, that's irritating." It's a very, very minor allergy.

4. I have danced naked in the moonlight with a movie star and, completely unrelated, in the words of Sheryl Crow "watched the sun come up in a stranger's arms." I just find these things amusing.

5. Despite being a major partier, I do not throw up from alcohol, almost ever. (In the last 20 years, I have thrown up precisely 3 times from drinking. One was my 21st birthday, and one was the night of Hurricane Wilma, when the barometric pressure on this island was completely out of whack--the same night when I was uncharacteristically drinking cheapass margaritas.) I do have an amazing ability, however, to doze off when I get drunk--and by doze off, I mean "while standing up and still holding my beer."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                        4. For being a gamer, I completely skipped a generation of games. I never played a SNES game until this year.
                        Man, you missed the BEST generation! All my favorite games were on the SNES!

5 things about me...hm.

1) I'm allergic to a lot of fruits and vegetables, but usually only when they're raw. Cherries, apples, peaches, carrots, kiwi, avocado...can't eat any of them raw. Cooked, canned, or frozen, though, are a-okay. And I can't eat bananas, period, cooked or not.

2) I make jewelry for a living, and I love making it, but I hardly ever wear it. Maybe 2-3 times a year I'll put on a bracelet and a pair of earrings for a special occasion or if I'm cosplaying, but otherwise the only jewelry I wear is my wedding ring, and even then, I only wear it when we go out. Otherwise it gets caught on things if I'm working around the house.

3) I didn't get chicken pox until I was in 8th grade.

4) In 1991 when Final Fantasy IV came out, I became absolutely infatuated with Kain Highwind...and I still am to this day, 20 years later. Just ask my husband, who got to listen to me make squeely fangirl noises a couple of days ago when I found a collection of Kain fanart that I hadn't seen before.

5) Despite my username, I've never actually seen Cat On A Hot Tin Roof. I actually picked the name based on the Gargoyles character Maggie "The Cat" Reed.

Comment

1) The black color from my pupils extends all the way to the bottom of my irises, making it look like my pupils "melted".

2) The only cheese I like is cheddar; the older the better.

3) I love salty foods. And I was born with only one kidney

4) Due to carbonation, I am absolutely unable to chug a whole can or bottle of beer; however I have, on a few occasions, drank 4 ounces of hard liquor in a few seconds to start things right.

5) For possibly 99% of things I do I am a lefty, but playing guitar as a righty actually feels more logical to me as I play metal music with a pick, so I prefer to have greater agility on the fretboard than the strumming.
                          Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

1. I am allergic to raw tomatoes.

2. I am dyslexic. Went to a special school in the 4th grade to learn to overcome it.

3. I am half Native American and Mexican. with the other half being Irish and Scottish. My brother shows the darker side and I show the very white side.

4. I am only 5 feet tall. This seems to shock people. Even close friends who seem to forget until we stand up next to each other.

5. I love my hair being played with. a fact that has been used against me. I will stop mid argument and become sedated like a cat.
                            My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

You people and your eye freckles I never even heard of those before a couple days ago.

So about me..

1. I have been a lifelong Star Trek fan, although I don't do the conventions or anything. I love watching TOS, and have watched Enterprise from start to finish and am working on Voyager and TNG at the moment. I do own the coolest coffee cup with Captain Kirk and my absolute favorite person ever Mr. Spock on it .

2. I have a deep love of technology and electronics and have ever since I've been aware of it. Started with transistor radios in the 70s and now I'm surrounded by it and love every second of it.

3. I used to distrust sushi as a food, but over the last year I have grown to love it immensely and absolutely crave sashimi (raw fish) ...the stuff I tried so hard to avoid years ago. Who knew it was so delicious?

4. I love being alone more than anything. I like having people around sometimes but I get overloaded on it very quickly. I grew up being isolated and I guess it stuck.

5. One of my favorite foods from when I was a kid is milk toast...its sounds revolting but it's sooooooooo tasty. I haven't had it in a really long time cause it involves butter and sugar and stuff that I shouldn't be eating anymore. Sigh. So I haven't had any for several years now actually. but I miss it.
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X