X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you don't want to hear from a doctor

I just need to vent...
    On Monday morning I went to the doctor, because my gastritis acted up and on the weekend I had some melena. Since I didn't eat anything that would make my sh*t that black, I thought it a good idea to ask my doc about it. Yeah... he sent me directly to a hospital: We don't want you wake up in the morning and being bled to death... My doc has a great sense of black humor!
    So I threw some clothing into a bag just in case and off I went: They took a look into my stomach and colon too, but found nothing serious, phew. They kept me for a few days, just in case.
    But... they did a full blood count and what they found was not nice! Suspected chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. FUCK THAT! On the other hand, they got me real fast appointment with a oncologist/haematologist, so tomorrow at 8:30am I see them to find out if it's really CLL.
    You go into hospital with some gastrointestinal problems and end up with suspected leukaemia, things you don't want to hear from a doctor!
    Keep your fingers crossed for me, please!
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Fuck that indeed! Fingers and toes crossed. Hugs.

Comment

*sigh* The signs point to CLL. Next week I'll get a CAT scan to check the lymph nodes and the spleen.
      Yay, yet another chronic illness. Hopefully I just end up with regular blood tests for a long time.

Comment

Know that feeling scoliosis and fibromyalgia. That is enough for me. I have you in my thoughts and hope for the best outcome possible.

Comment

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

My mother was diagnosed with CLL 2 years ago when they went in to remove the majority of her left lung for lung cancer. Based on what her oncologist has told her, she will likely have problems from other health issues long before this becomes a problem. Some folks do have symptoms/problems, though.. Glad they caught it now. You will most likely just monitor it unless you show other symptoms.

Comment

Ouch pudddykat, that is a not nice collection of chronics, it's more than enough! right back at you.

@Luna Baby That's what the doc told me too, watch & wait. I'm relatively young for CLL (53), it's more prevalent in older people.

Thank you, Mooncat.

On the other hand, today I woke up with a swelling on my chin, looks like tooth became infected, dentist prescribed antibiotics. I wonder if that's the reason for my high lymphocyte count, still doesn't explain the smudge cells...
              All this a false alarm? I can't help wonder... Gah! Who needs this emotional rollercoaster!

Comment

@Luna Baby That's what the doc told me too, watch & wait. I'm relatively young for CLL (53), it's more prevalent in older people.

Mom was only just under 59 when she was diagnosed.

Comment

Sheesh, once they start they can't seem to stop... today lung cat scan, tomorrow throat MRT, next week Tuesday yet another MRT and on Wednesday big result discussion with doc.
                  Thank Ceiling Cat for health insurance here in Germany...

Comment

Yeah, so... my butt was too big for that MRT scan on Tuesday, the hospital next door has a bigger one of those noisy things. So no result discussion yet, only huge bruises from the contrast agent injection, being a "hard stick" has its special rewards. Luckily I have no needle phobia.

Comment

The MRT in hospital was big enough for me, I felt a lot less like a sardine in there. And again they needed three tries to find a suitable vein.
                      Tomorrow I learn the results, I hope for the best.

Comment

YAY, I guess. It is CLL, my spleen is bigger than normal, a few lymph nodes are a bit bigger than normal. For now it's watch & wait, in 3 months is the next checkup.
                        To make things even more fun, I'll have to add endocrinologist to my doctor list, there seems to be something wrong with my thyroid, which is why I had to get the MRTs, the CT contrast agent would have messed up any diagnosis for the thyroid, good thing the radiologist caught it.

Comment

Ugh, how bad is the treatment going to be?

Rapscallion

Comment

Currently it's watch&wait, so no treatment for the CLL, yet. Once more symptoms show up, and they eventually will *sigh*, it's chemotherapy, which is said to be relatively mild for most people. Bone marrow transplants are rarely done, only when nothing else will help. CLL is not cureable, but treatable. I might have several years without any treatment, or not.
                            I'm slowly coming to terms with that diagnosis. Still, fuck cancer!

Comment

Ack! *squishy hugs* Hopefully it will behave itself. Fuck cancer, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X