This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And this my fault how???

I work in a mall (duh), a mile down the road I "X" shopping plaza (a nice outdoor shopping center).

I am standing in the front of the store yesterday, talking to a mother and daughter. Outside the store there is another woman looking at the mall directory and looking confused:
    This woman (AW: angry woman): walks in my store and asks, "where is the Old Navy?"

Me: Oh, that is at "X" shopping plaza, there isn't an Old Navy in the mall.
    AW: What???? You have got to be kidding me!! (shoots daggars at me).
    Me: It's only a mile down the road. It's quite a nice shopping center.
    AW: I was TOLD Old Navy was in the mall!!!
    Me: I am sorry you were told that. Did someone here tell you that?
    AW: NO! ugh, fine, whatever (storms out of the store).

At this point I am completely in shock. I didn't tell her Old Navy was in the mall. Old Navy has NEVER been in the mall.
    The mom and daughter witnessed the whole thing and asked if I was ok. Mom was concerned that the lady was going to bite my head off. I assured them I was fine.
    They continued shopping.

On their way out, the mom turns to me and says, "Next time I come here I expect to see that you personally have moved Old Navy to the mall".

Had a good laugh with them.
    "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
    "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

This is your fault because you didn't read her mind and call her on her cell phone when she turned into your parking lot. DUH!

On their way out, the mom turns to me and says, "Next time I come here I expect to see that you personally have moved Old Navy to the mall".
    I love it when other customers make fun of the sucky ones.

Comment

It's your fault because you didn't magically move the OLD NAVY just to suit this woman. Honestly, what a dorkus.

Comment

[QUOTE=Slave to the Phone]This is your fault because you didn't read her mind and call her on her cell phone when she turned into your parking lot. DUH!

not much to read
        DILLIGAF

Comment

You seriously need to get going on moving Old Navy. I mean, that way, all the ppl who KNOW where it is now will be inconvenienced. Entitlement bitch. (not you, her)
          The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone
            This is your fault because you didn't read her mind and call her on her cell phone when she turned into your parking lot. DUH!
            I loved it when customers would announce what they were coming into the store to find as they walked in, not realising our store front magnified sound right toward the registers, which of course, was where I usually hung out, so, I'd see a couple of people wander in, hear them say, "I wonder if Invader Zim season 3 is out yet?" and immexiately turn to walk away from them as they go up to the manager standing behind the counter, who usually would go to the Oasis system to find out if we carried it. And, before he could finish typing, I'd usually be on my way back, movie in hand. "Here you go."
            "How'd you know that?"
            "I'm Superman/girl/person/furry... I heard you from out in the mall."
            "Now that's customer service."

Which was never as good as when I'd been dealing with a customer for a few ten minute periods, and they ask me their biggest request, do we have this rare or old movie? I lead them right to it, and I would usually get at least "Oh my god, do you have any idea how happy you've made me?" if not a "How much more perfect could you be?" And I'd usually reply with "If only I could take all those home in my paycheck... I'd be rich."
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone
              I love it when other customers make fun of the sucky ones.
              I did that one time at the grocery store. I'm an impatient person (but don't take it out on the working folk) at times. This woman was in front of me at the deli counter. She ordered turkey or something like that and saw it and said "that isn't thin enough". She was sort of snarky about it, but not overly. Of course, you can't reslice the turkey and it ends up being wasted. I almost told the girl to just add it to my order.

When I got up to the counter, I looked at the deli girl and said "is it really that hard to ask for the meat to be sliced thinly while you are ordering it?"

Comment

Working...
              X