Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Site News (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Significant News (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=113541)

Kogarashi 01-22-2016 04:59 AM

So glad to hear things are looking up. :)

Quote:

Quoth Ironclad Alibi (Post 1302698)
[OT] Do you recall the title of that book? Was it per chance the Crestomanci series by Diana Wynne Jones? [/OT]

The book is actually Which Witch by Eva Ibbotson (and I was mistaken on the date, it's 1979, not early 80's, so I was off by a couple years). I'm not even sure how it was supposed to have ripped off Harry Potter in the first place, but it was clearly a case of "young reviewer has no clue what they're talking about and doesn't know how to pay attention to publication dates" rather than similar ideas.

peach2play 01-22-2016 02:44 PM

We wish you well! Thanks for all the good times!

pudddykat 01-22-2016 11:23 PM

I wish you the best Raps and have everything crossed things work out. "Don't hold your breath..." made me think of one of my favorite of my Grandmas sayings "Don't hold your hand on your ass/butt it my grow there" :D my other favorite is "Don't get a burr up your butt." :roll:

Slave to the Phone 01-23-2016 03:27 AM

Quote:

Quoth Dragon_Dreamer (Post 1302293)
:(

If I had the money, I would offer to take over the site. I have the skills, but not the immediate cash. :( I can only afford maybe a third of that.

I love this site, and have made so many wonderful friends. I hope someone also takes the time to save everything Plaidman posted.

Here's hoping whoever takes over will continue the forums.

I also can't afford to take the site over but I can pledge 10 bucks a month to help keep it going. How could we do this?

PS, I don't want to be a mod. :eek: I'm crazy, but I'm not insane! :lol:

MadMike 01-23-2016 03:43 AM

Quote:

Quoth Slave to the Phone (Post 1302934)
PS, I don't want to be a mod. :eek: I'm crazy, but I'm not insane! :lol:

You don't have to be crazy to be a mod, but it helps. ;)

blondescales 01-23-2016 04:02 AM

So glad I found this thread, I would have been really upset if another site I enjoy poofed with no warning. I mostly lurk but I do enjoy reading the posts here. Hope something works out that we can keep this forum.

Another forum I'm on has a subscription option to help pay for it. Free members have limited forum access but paid members ($18 a year) have full forum access. Just an idea if paying for the site becomes an issue.

EricKei 01-23-2016 05:01 AM

Have no fear, plans are afoot.

laborcat 01-23-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Quoth blondescales (Post 1302939)

Another forum I'm on has a subscription option to help pay for it. Free members have limited forum access but paid members ($18 a year) have full forum access. Just an idea if paying for the site becomes an issue.

I'm certainly not overly blessed financially, and once this divorce gets rolling it'll surely get tighter, but even I could swing that much if it means keeping this place alive. I haven't been too chatty on here lately but your stories and advice have been my ability to hang on sometimes. Hopefully the current negotiations are successful.

Sandman 01-23-2016 05:51 PM

Back in the Slugger days... there was a "free" and a "paid" membership. Differences were minor. Had a lot to do with search times, and priority when the site was under load. Also the amount of messages you could store at any given time.

MadMike 01-23-2016 06:20 PM

There were also little perks like being able to have a custom title.