This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtime! Woo hoo!

Hi everyone! I don't want to be too specific, but I answer phone calls at a major telephone company. I'm inward facing, which means I get techs, dealers and the occassional customer who usually was referred to me by some idiot.

Anyway! This has been a great week! You know why? The systems went COMPLETELY down one day, and my department is about as useful as tits on a boar when that happens. So we got furlough! I used a half-day vacation on it, which was nifty since I'm saving up and have no vacation plans anyway. So, after that they offered overtime this weekend! I'm working ten extra hours at double time.

It's not even going to be busy. My sister thinks they only gave it out because about 20 of us took UNPAID furlough, and they can afford to pump our stats this weekend. It's awesome!

And there's a second bit of awesome! My chair broke, and I had to run to the office store to get new castors to fix it. I figured I'd have to just take the hit on my paycheck, but one of the managers put it as paid time! It's been such a good week. Well, I mean, aside from the cold, sinus headaches and freezing my buns off. Work wise, it's been great!

I am beyond familiar with the furloughs/volunteers needed to take extra time off or go home early one week/month then all of a sudden, mandatory overtime nonstop, then all of a sudden all the temps get fired and they ask for volunteers for furlough again or working reduced hour weeks, then woooie back on overtime again.

It's feast or famine. And it's never the way you want it, either. When I need extra money (well, I always do, but when I have the extra time as well), we aren't allowed to do any OT, in the middle of spring and summer when everyone wants to be out and about and having fun in the warm weather....oooh geez no more weekends off, only a few hours notice about it.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
    X