Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Returning members (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I may or may not be back (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=123725)

Deserted 08-04-2020 02:06 AM

I may or may not be back

Decided to stick my head in and see what things look like. It's been a while, I guess. Life has been... "interesting".

Last time I was here, I had a girlfriend, and I was driving a cab.

Since then, we got married -- yes, there is now a Mrs. Deserted; our 1st anniversary was a few weeks ago -- and I finally -- FINALLY -- quit driving the cab.

And drove for Uber & Lyft instead. :rolleyes:

But with the modern nuttiness going on, Mrs. Deserted & I decided that I needed to stop driving people. I now drive for food & package delivery services on occasion -- at first, it was full-time, but Mrs. Deserted has been working from home for a few months now, so I've had no need to drive all over hell's half acre. (This past weekend was my first shift in over a month.)

This has given me time to work on my computer projects. I'm -> <- that close to releasing a game to the Apple & Google stores that stands a chance of making me a little money. (We're talking beer money, not rent money. Small potatoes. Probably.)

As for CS, I'm not sure if I'll be hanging out or not. \_(ツ)_/ Life's funny that way.

EricKei 08-04-2020 01:15 PM

In order:

Welcome back, congrats to both of you, and feel free to post plenty (both of you!)...I just hope you don't HAVE to because of your clientele ^_^

Ghel 08-04-2020 02:36 PM

Welcome back! It's good to see another familiar name around again. The busiest thread seems to be the Coronavirus one, if you want to see how folks are getting on.

Deserted 08-06-2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Quoth EricKei (Post 1391515)
In order:

Welcome back, congrats to both of you, and feel free to post plenty (both of you!)...I just hope you don't HAVE to because of your clientele ^_^

Thanks for that. Fortunately, the worst thing that happens with food delivery is slow fast food restaurants and customers who don't tip. If that's all I have to worry about, I think I'm doing good.

Quote:

Quoth Ghel (Post 1391518)
Welcome back! It's good to see another familiar name around again. The busiest thread seems to be the Coronavirus one, if you want to see how folks are getting on.

I'll be honest, I hear so much about corona that I really don't care to hear about it here.

I might do some posts in Unsupportable, if I can put things into words adequately.

Nunavut Pants 08-08-2020 12:30 AM

Well, then we may or may not be happy to see you again! :D

XCashier 08-08-2020 02:24 AM

Welcome back, and :grats:

I'm not in retail anymore either, but I still stop in from time to time.

Kristev 08-09-2020 01:04 AM

I read daily (seldom post, though, except horrible shopper letters,) as I haven't worked retail in about eight years.