X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Violating the 2% rule

What is the 2% rule you might ask?

It is being at least 2% smarter then the device (barring computers, smart phones, etc.. and things you've never laid eyes on before) you are trying to use. Think lawmowers, chippers, rocks, shoes, etc...

Especially things that they reserve the Darwin awards for.

Now this is not a 'omg how did he not get a Darwin award?' post.. but feel free to post your own 2% rule posts here. No.. this was a 'derp' moment I witnessed.

Ok picture this. Sandals + They who shall remain nameless (TWSRN). Now if TWSRN had been half asleep, I'd give them a pass.. we've all had those moments when half asleep, tired, or otherwise fatigued. Sandals toes are pointed toward twsrn...who tries to put their feet in said sandals and said "These are just supposed to slide on, but they don't!".

no really?
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Not even close to being Darwin worthy, but I think it's a pretty clear violation of the 2% rule as you've laid it out.

I once spent a solid half an hour looking for my eyeglasses. This was when I was a truck driver, so I kind of needed them. Tore my truck apart. Was about to start in on a second run through because I still hadn't found them... and finally caught myself... pushing my glasses back up my nose. I'd been wearing them the entire time.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Kind of reminds me of the time I got all worried about thinking I'd forgotten my keys.

While driving.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
        Kind of reminds me of the time I got all worried about thinking I'd forgotten my keys.

While driving.
        You think that bad? I locked my car door, with the vehicle still running.. so yes.. key was IN the ignition. Luckily the vehicle had a sliding glass door that was unlocked.. only I was way too big to fit through it. Luckily there was somebody who could around...

Quoth Kittish View Post
        Not even close to being Darwin worthy, but I think it's a pretty clear violation of the 2% rule as you've laid it out.

I once spent a solid half an hour looking for my eyeglasses. This was when I was a truck driver, so I kind of needed them. Tore my truck apart. Was about to start in on a second run through because I still hadn't found them... and finally caught myself... pushing my glasses back up my nose. I'd been wearing them the entire time.
        I have done this. Many many times.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post

While driving.
          I am always doing that. My key bunch is nice & hefty so when I realise I can't feel it in my pocket, minor panic ensues for a second or two until I remember I'm driving.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Recently, I was looking for my phone. Picked up my phone, and kept looking for it.
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              You think that bad? I locked my car door, with the vehicle still running.. so yes.. key was IN the ignition. Luckily the vehicle had a sliding glass door that was unlocked.. only I was way too big to fit through it. Luckily there was somebody who could around...
              Did that once, too. Had had to get a jump start, got out of the now-running car to close the hood, absent-mindedly closed the door. Good thing the windows were down enough that the nice campus cop could reach in with some long tool and poke an unlock button.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                Did that once, too. Had had to get a jump start, got out of the now-running car to close the hood, absent-mindedly closed the door. Good thing the windows were down enough that the nice campus cop could reach in with some long tool and poke an unlock button.

Locked my keys in my work truck while it was running, in the parking lot at work. I started the truck, drove it over to my car to get my tool bag out of my car, jumped out of the truck and locked it by habit. Thankfully my office mate, who also used the same truck was in the office, So called him and had him come out to the parking lot to unlock it.
                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

...we call this 'being blonde'
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                    ...we call this 'being blonde'
                    AND you don't have to be blonde. My youngest daughter (just turned 40) when she was in hi school had frequent "blonde" moments. She did improve as she got older, thank goodness.

Now, I'm endowed with "senior moments". Got out of my car and had a moment of panic because my keys weren't in the outside pocket of my purse where I always kept them. And I didn't see them in the car. I had (for some strange reason) put them inside the zipper section of my purse. Took awhile for me to calm down after that.
                    "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
                      ... Now, I'm endowed with "senior moments"...
                      White, Grey == blonde

Hair roots just grow deeper. When they hit the white/grey matter they change color... and eat your brain! When there's nothing left, they fall out.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                        Recently, I was looking for my phone. Picked up my phone, and kept looking for it.
                        One night, in the middle of the night (I was on call) I woke up to my phone ringing, but I couldn't find it. By the time it stopped ringing, I realized that my phone was in my hand and I was using the light to search for my phone. In my hand.

Comment

I've looked for my glasses while wearing them, too. I'm fairly blind without them, so you'd think the fact that I could SEE THINGS would be a tip off but nooooo.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Four Bitchin' Babes singing our theme song, "Oh No!"
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I spent a solid half hour once looking for a book. I was reading it like ten minutes ago, it couldn't have gone far! I finally had to set down the book I was holding to use both hands to lift something up to look underneath to see if...my
                              ..book..wait.

Yes, I'd been holding the book I was looking for the entire time, even had a finger holding my spot...

Comment

Working...
                              X