This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My best out the door price.

**this in no way for sale on here. I'm not going to see if in the rules I'm just going to assume no freaking way what's said is just for the suck so don't think of PM'ing me about it. OK-LOL.**

So on a gun forum I have a couple parts for sale IAW my lic and laws.
    They make up a good chunk of an AR-15 being the 2 halves of the receiver and a carry handle. I got a good deal and most lower 1/2's from other places are going for $50.
    But of lessor brands. Not bad but lessor.

So Last week the panic hit and gun shops have bare walls 4hr waits to get in, I still have this and at still pre panic $. By appt only so if the gov background check system is caught up I can have you in and out in 1/2hr.
    Now is not the time you haggle with me. I have a $2k+ sale I'm working on with a military shooting team. $4k of guns inbound sometime and $500 in just cleaning and repairs that was just Thurs and Friday. Plus still being essential at La Dee Dodge.
    So this low baller PM's me.
    Mind you I have it for $120 + 6% tax, and check that shops charge upwards of $40 for is inc.

"What's my best best price out the door-I'm going to drive over an hour"

OH ok "MY" best price? OK..I can do that!
    My response-

Oh you want to haggle OK.. Best out the door for me-
    DPMS lower $90
    Upper with door and button $60
    Carry handle $30.
    $180 +tx 10.80 so 190.80
    PICS $10.
    So $200.80 out the door. But I'll take $200.

He took the hint.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

He doesn't seem to grasp that you (the seller) hold all the cards ... well, not until the end, anyway.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
      [COLOR="DarkOrange"]He took the hint.
      But did he take the deal?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        But did he take the deal?
        No. cause low ballers got to low ball and I wouldn't just give it to him.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

This is one the of the reasons why I've been hesitant on selling jewelry, because I don't deal well with people trying to undercut the price. Plus I use expensive beads [the kind that's $7 for a pack of 20], and I want to be paid for the time it takes me to make something that I hadn't already created. So, yes, me charging $20-30 for one necklace is right, if you want to do it yourself go right ahead.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
            This is one the of the reasons why I've been hesitant on selling jewelry, because I don't deal well with people trying to undercut the price. Plus I use expensive beads [the kind that's $7 for a pack of 20], and I want to be paid for the time it takes me to make something that I hadn't already created. So, yes, me charging $20-30 for one necklace is right, if you want to do it yourself go right ahead.
            $20-$30 for a decent necklace is dang cheap, anybody who's trying to bargain that down is at best operating on reflex, and at worst someone you don't want as a customer.

Comment

I'd be tempted to say something like "I have it listed at $200, but for you, my best price is $240."

And ever time he spluttered, add another $20 to it.
              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                I'd be tempted to say something like "I have it listed at $200, but for you, my best price is $240."

And ever time he spluttered, add another $20 to it.
                That reminds me, we haven't heard from Jester in a long while. I wonder if he is still in Key West?
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Guns and ammo have been flying out the doors out here. Folks were driving from Phoenix to Prescott hoping to be able to buy a gun because all of the Phoenix stores were sold out.

I'm amazed you didn't laugh so hard you needed to pee when Mr Lowball tried to play his game now.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                    Guns and ammo have been flying out the doors out here. Folks were driving from Phoenix to Prescott hoping to be able to buy a gun because all of the Phoenix stores were sold out.

I'm amazed you didn't laugh so hard you needed to pee when Mr Lowball tried to play his game now.
                    No but my eyes rolled so hard I looked like a slot machine.

Funny thing is I noticed my higher priced items don't get the low balling that lower priced things.
                    AkaiKitsune

Comment

I am not selling this again.
                      So yesterday guy wants me just to mail it to him cause he has same state ID and a *C&R FFL. So I'm not sure he's that dumb or straight up asking me to break various laws. Now surprise is this legal in this state for private sales and where I have the ad at most are. But I have it in bold this is not that. So yea I said go away.

C&R lic is a collectors lic that they can buy and sell old guns under cond it's for a collection and you can't run a business or get modern/current guns.
                      AkaiKitsune

Comment

But, but, but...I'm sure the check's in the mail!!!

About a year ago, hubs posted a .22 target pistol for sale on a gun forum. As said gun was special (original box, original finish, desired collector item), he had it listed for 650. It didn't sell and he forgot about it until today when someone in Mesa found his listing and contacted him.

This very generous person was willing to pay him 500 for the gun and hubs was expected to deliver it to a parking lot in Mesa which is usually at least a 3 hour drive through heavy traffic. Prolly about 2 hours now.

When hubs told me about this very generous offer, I mentioned that I was surprised that the jerk didn't want hubs to bring ammo so he could try it out on a live target. Well, ammo was demanded as well, but hubs wasn't bored enough to reply to the text, so that's probably the end of the story.

Update: Hubs sold the gun to a legit buyer today. Buyer met him at the ADOT parking lot here in town and paid cash. Its a nice little gun, I hope the buyer enjoys it.
                        Last edited by EricKei; 04-16-2020, 01:05 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                          I am not selling this again.
                          No worries. The TL;DR on our policy is "It doesn't look like you're soliciting a sale (just describing one), and -- more importantly -- you didn't provide a link of any kind, so you're cool." ^_^
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            No worries. The TL;DR on our policy is "It doesn't look like you're soliciting a sale (just describing one), and -- more importantly -- you didn't provide a link of any kind, so you're cool." ^_^
                            What I meant is even on the other forum where I do have it posted and ok, I'm not going to do it cause of the BS.

But yea I covered it in the OP extra cause I like it here and make sure people knew the sale was not valid here.
                            AkaiKitsune

Comment

Yea! a normal buyer got it Yesterday.
                              AkaiKitsune

Comment

Working...
                              X