Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Sucky Customers (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   This is not the hotel you're looking for. (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=54635)

Mr Hero 10-06-2009 12:39 AM

This is not the hotel you're looking for.

Early in my shift today I had an SC come through my lobby. After he spoke, I assumed he must have been visiting Denver from Nunavut for the Pink Camo Hat Convention.

SC starts heading towards his room, but turns back.

SC: I'm trying to find room 102. All I see is room 110 and 108.
Me: That's because room 102 is further down the hall.

SC goes back and tries to use his key in the door. It didn't work so he comes back to the desk.
SC: This key isn't working for room 102.
Me: I don't have anyone in room 102. What's your last name?
SC: Dumbshit
Me: How do you spell that?
SC: Dum...
Me: I'm sorry, but nothing is coming up. Are you sure you're registered at this hotel?
SC: NO I AM AT THE RIGHT HOTEL. I HAVE EXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT IN MY ROOM.
Me: I'm sorry but I don't show anyone registered to room 102. I don't even show anyong having checked out of 102 this morning.
SC: I DID NOT CHECK OUT OF 102. I CHECKED INTO 102. I KNOW I CHECKED IN THIS MORNING. I'VE GOT EXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT IN THERE. IF I CAN'T GET TO MY ROOM I'M GOING TO GET THE POLICE INVOLVED.
Me: If you keep yelling at me like that, I WILL get them involved.
SC: Is this the Motel 6?
Me: No, they are right behind us.

He leaves, and to his credit he did apologize.

Victory Sabre 10-06-2009 01:33 AM

At least the idiot did apologize. There is a little hope for humanity.

ThirdGenRetail 10-06-2009 01:37 AM

Help us, Hero-wan Kenobi, you're our only hope...!

Sorry, the title made it hard to resist :D

Did he not look up at the sign on the hotel or anything...?

LillFilly 10-06-2009 01:55 AM

Hahaha! Had a similar thing, except I DID have to call the police. It turned-out he was drunk and at the wrong hotel, then refused to leave even after his own hotel sent a shuttle for him. When they saw the state he was in, they refused to take him too!

Hilarious that he didn't recognized the interior of the hotel; some jedi hotel mind-trick of yours? :lol:

Mr Hero 10-06-2009 02:01 AM

Quote:

Quoth ThirdGenRetail (Post 629779)
Help us, Hero-wan Kenobi, you're our only hope...!

Sorry, the title made it hard to resist :D

Did he not look up at the sign on the hotel or anything...?

I was actually going for a Star Wars reference, so way to go. No, he did not look at a sign (but what SC ever does?), but later in our conversation, he did comment that the layout of the lobby seemed different than what he remembered. Ya think? We only have a seating area for breakfast, and a foyer to watch TV. Motel 6 has none of that.

ThirdGenRetail 10-06-2009 02:23 AM

Naaaah, looking up is too hard! Otherwise I wouldn't have everybody coming up to me at SCO, where I have no light over my register... "Are you open?"

depechemodefan 10-06-2009 03:30 AM

move along.
move along.

hee.

I know there are some people who don't recognize surroundings. At work there are 3 elevators, and some of my cw get disoriented when they get out of one; turn left or right?

But yeah, kind of helps when there is a sign over the door/in the parking lot. :rolleyes:

tropicsgoddess 10-06-2009 03:37 AM

Talk about a major D'oh moment. At least he apologized.

smileyeagle1021 10-06-2009 05:58 AM

I get that all the time at work. Three years ago we converted from (old hotel) to (crap hotel)... and we still have people who think we are (old hotel) and get beligerent that they know that they reached the right place... oh yes, I just answered the phone "thank you for calling (crap hotel)" to throw you off...

thehippie777 10-06-2009 06:14 AM

Yeah I pitty you all who have your hotel across from another hotel. We have a couple blocks on all sides away from all hotels, but periodically I get some lost people....drunk lost people...

EricKei 10-06-2009 02:36 PM

He's keeping quote-unquote "expensive equipment" at a Motel 6, huh...?

He has chosen...poorly.

(Not a SW reference, but Harrison Ford is involved, so...Hm. Can I get a ruling, please? :D)