• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This story made me flash on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H86nt-MF3zU

Comment

Quoth depechemodefan View Post
      She says, "2". I give her a "are you kidding me?" look. She repeats herself, "2".
      That's when you say "I'm sorry, the elevator's voice-recognition module is only recognizing Portuguese until we get the next update installed. You'll have to go ahead and push the button."

Comment

At least with some elevators...you occasionally get to see people get their comeuppance. How? Some have doors that open a bit differently. That is, a few at the Carnegie Library/Museum look like a "normal" elevator. You go in through the usual large doors. However, when you reach your floor...a much smaller door on the *side* opens to let you out. There was a reason that was done...but it escapes me now. Anyway, it was always amusing to be riding the elevator with my dad...and seeing other users occasionally falling on their asses. They'd lean on the 'wall,' and would topple when the 'wrong' door opened
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Back in New York I had people be nice and press the button for me. I don't expect anyone to do it. There are very few elevator operators out there now. Other than them, its not someone's job to press a shiny button to go up or down.

Comment

See I would wait until it got to my floor then as I am walking out I would press all the buttons except the one the lazy person wanted and walk away.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
              I get wound up when people press the wrong call button, i.e. up when they want to go down. It interrupts the existing journey & means they have to wait longer, but so does everyone else...
              When I was in school one building had a bank of three elevators. It was 7 floor plus a basement. For some reason only one car would ever come to the ground floor. The same car, over and over. The other two always stayed around the 4th or 5th floor and never moved. This was very annoying in the morning when everyone was trying to go to class.

One day one of the Facilities workers came by and showed us a trick. Press the down call button and it would force the other two cars to eventually go down to the ground floor after they finished any stops going up. They finally fixed it and put some time based controls in it to force cars to the ground floor during peak morning rush times.

Comment

Working...
              X