This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how to respond, Ma'am.

This was one of the strangest transactions I've ever had. Woman comes up, I greet her and meet with silence. Oookay. Then out of nowhere she comes out with this...

"TWILIGHT ZONE! TWILIGHT ZONE! Either that or people are brain dead!"
    Me: "Maybe both."

It seemed to be the right answer, she took her stuff and left. Glad she only had a few things.

Few minutes later another customer comes up and says that a woman yelled at her in the parking lot as she was coming in. Something about how she can't believe some people are allowed to breed. Pretty sure it had to be the same lady.

I swear the weather changing is really messing with people this year.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

I had a caller excitedly telling me about the big joint he'd smoked before calling (recreational marijuana is legal in my state if you're over 21, and he was). He was with-it enough to handle taking care of the reason for the call, but was QUITE exuberant.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      I had a caller excitedly telling me about the big joint he'd smoked before calling (recreational marijuana is legal in my state if you're over 21, and he was). He was with-it enough to handle taking care of the reason for the call, but was QUITE exuberant.
      New Year's Day that goes into effect in my native Illinois. Does that mean I'll this sort of nonsense to look forward to this tax season?
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quite probably. Also look forward to people out in public smoking things that smell like aged roadkill skunk and being as willfully oblivious to "No Smoking" areas as the nicotine addicts.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

On the plus side, as businesses do spring up, the quality of the product will rise, and prices will drop, leading to less of the horrible skunk smell. (Economics: Since the GOOD stuff exists and not price-inflated from illegality, nobody wants to buy the crap, therefore nobody carries it) Still not crazy about the idiots that go about blunting the few functional brain cells they had, though. California resident here, and Colorado reports similar.

Comment

Most likely she's mentally ill.

Comment

Working...
            X