This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braided Spaghetti Bread

Found/Saw this on another forum I belong to and it looks so yummy I had to share.

LINKAGE

If you left the spaghetti out, yeah. Otherwise it's weird.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

How is it weird? You can make it garlic bread wrapped around spaghetti. Or like some commentors on that page said put in pizza fillings. Come on Food Lady...enjoy your name a bit and be a foodie with me, try something new. :P

Comment

That's a really interesting idea, I may have to try it once or twice and then see what all other entree type fillings I can come up with for stuffed breads. We're not just HUGE on carbs most of the time, so I suspect I'll mostly do stuff like slices of roasts, or chicken and such with veggies. Maybe a breakfast version, with bacon and eggs and bacon and cheddar cheese and bacon. Better put some bacon in there, too, my boyfriend really likes bacon. Or see if I can make a biscuit dough with sausage gravy filling work.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Hmm, I could see it filled with pizza toppings myself or an oddly shaped calzone.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Kittish
            We're not just HUGE on carbs most of the time, so I suspect I'll mostly do stuff like slices of roasts, or chicken and such with veggies.
            One of the commenters used her own fresh made bread and then used spaghetti squash. Just for the very reason of carbs.

I think the first time I'm going to make it I'll use Mom's pizza dough recipe with less of the spices, just cause I know the outside will be yummy then.

Comment

Dear god that looks good and unhealthy - what have you done??

1) Replace spaghetti and sauce with slices of beef - maybe peppers and onions
              2) Replace spaghetti with ground beef
              3) Replace spaghetti with chicken cutlets

The possibilities are endless..
              Last edited by draggar; 03-26-2012, 11:25 PM.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                One of the commenters used her own fresh made bread and then used spaghetti squash. Just for the very reason of carbs.

I think the first time I'm going to make it I'll use Mom's pizza dough recipe with less of the spices, just cause I know the outside will be yummy then.
                Yea, I make my own bread too, so when I do make it, it'll be with homemade bread, and at least once with sourdough (that's hands down the favorite bread around here).

Alas, no one in this house likes spaghetti squash (blech!) so I won't be using that. One thing I may wind up doing is chicken breast slices with assorted vegetables (califlower, broccoli, carrot, bell pepper, see if I can sneak some zucchini past the boyfriend) and a light teriyaki or bbq sauce.

Ooh, just thought of another interesting thing to do with this. Instead of spaghetti, build a small lasagne (one or two noodles wide) and wrap the bread around it.
                You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

*drools at the thought of garlic sourdough*

Comment

Working...
                  X