This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking in Illegal Spots

At the racetrack I work at, there is a HUGE parking lot. You are pretty much garunteed a spot. Since I work there, I always get one of the best spots. It's the only advantage of having to be there before the track opens. Every day, it never fails to amaze me that some jerk will park illegally next to the actual parking spots, which is now even closer than parking.

I was walking out of work today, going to my car with two other co-workers, when we spot a car illegally parked. My co-worker commented that they should get ticketed as they never seem to. As we got closer, we noticed something under the person's windshield wiper. Hoping it was a ticket, I got a closer look. Darn, wasn't one. Instead, some super cool person wrote, "THIS ISN'T A PARKING SPOT YOU F***ING A**HOLE!" It was definately one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

You have just given me one of the greatest ideas of all time, I see some great potential in this.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ihatethenba68 View Post
      You have just given me one of the greatest ideas of all time, I see some great potential in this.
      this isn't going to be a Gerald Broflofski ticket for having a non-hybrid car is it?
      Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

Quoth toolbert View Post
        this isn't going to be a Gerald Broflofski ticket for having a non-hybrid car is it?
        No, I work at a parking lot and I see people park illegally constantly and I might put this to good use.

Comment

Quoth ihatethenba68 View Post
          Actually, I had a friend do this. He would take one or two of these "coupons" every time he went out shopping-groceries, computer stuff, didn't matter where. If he saw a car parked illegally or poorly (in the handicapped stalls or so that it would take up two spots) he would take one of his coupons and clamp it to the windshield using the wiper. The coupons said something to the effect of "This isn't a real ticket, and I'm not a real police officer. But if I was, I would give you two tickets for parking so poorly."
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Really, after seeing that today, it makes me want to keep a notepad and pen in my car. What am I talking about, I still have my bookbag with all my pens and paper in it from my last year of school.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Someone should start and online website where people can post pictures of people parked badly - complete with plate numbers. "I'm posting this on yourparkingsucks.com" would be a great message to leave for those people. Maybe some public humiliation will make people act less like jerks.

Comment

That is an awesome idea, it'd give me an excuse to bring my camera to work.
                Last edited by ArenaBoy; 08-10-2006, 05:12 AM.

Comment

i dont know how legal that would be especially since if it wasnt the cars owner parked there it could be considered defamation of character or something, who knows it in this sue happy culture
                  but it WOULD be awesome!

Comment

I saw one of those at K-Mart yesterday. This little red Mustang, obviously brand-new, well-kept, etc., in the handicapped spot right in front of the door, while several other, older cars with their tags displayed prominantly were further back, even out of the handicapped spots. I spent a couple of minutes searching, the Mustang had NO tag whatsoever, unless they were hiding it in their glovebox (and what good would it do you there??)

Not only that, the windows were cracked and you could see the heat coming out, so the car had obviously been there a while, so it was pretty definite they weren't picking anyone up.

MAN, did I have to fight the urge to hock the biggest loogie I could come up with right on the leather seats...
                    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth Ryu View Post
                      i dont know how legal that would be especially since if it wasnt the cars owner parked there it could be considered defamation of character or something, who knows it in this sue happy culture
                      but it WOULD be awesome!
                      Defamation would be something that would have to be proved in court. If there was actual proof that they had committed the offence, there would be no grounds for suing. However, the courts may take a dim view of something so closely approximating vigilante action.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Cvstos View Post
                        Someone should start and online website where people can post pictures of people parked badly - complete with plate numbers. "I'm posting this on yourparkingsucks.com" would be a great message to leave for those people. Maybe some public humiliation will make people act less like jerks.
                        Apparently there is already a website like that... It's a .net address tho...

http://www.yourparkingsucks.net/

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          Defamation would be something that would have to be proved in court. If there was actual proof that they had committed the offence, there would be no grounds for suing. However, the courts may take a dim view of something so closely approximating vigilante action.

Rapscallion
                          heres where i see the problem being
                          say i parked like that with my dads car, someone takes a picture of the car/plates and posts it up there, my dad now looks bad, not me.

Comment

not correct!

Cardboard text is in Finnish, saying "This is NOT a parkingspaceĀ“!"

Want to know more about me ??
                            Then feel free to contact me in the MSN messenger!! I'd be happy to chat with you!
                            Or check www.myspace.com/kebable

Comment

If I would have had a camera while shopping after Christmas last year...what the hell is it about that season that brings out the idiots? I mean, it was nearly impossible to drive down the aisles in the parking lots at South Hills Village. Why? Several idiots had dumped their cars in the aisles...instead of the freaking parking spots! Apparently, it was better to do that than risk their cars getting hit or vandalized. Quite a few had been keyed, and several had nasty notes left on them, usually reading "learn how to park, you f*cking idiot." Gotta love the Christmas season
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                              X