This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My turn to ask for fingers crossed

My mother has just informed me that the boycat got outside.

It seems Stripes got out this afternoon without daddy noticing.. when I came home from my lunch around 4:30 he was no where around... we looked all over the house and outside but no sign of him... we went out to dinner and no sign of him when we got home at 9:00. Even Stars is acting like she's worried that he's gone.
    These are not outdoor cats. They have never been out on their own. (Stars wouldn't go out if you paid her, anyway. She's afraid of...well, everything.) The few times he's managed to get out the door he hasn't gotten far (like, halfway to the driveway). There are strays in the neighborhood who would kick his ass (they also don't have front claws).

Hopefully he will have a little adventure, come back by the morning and realize that inside is much better and stop trying to get out. So fingers crossed, please.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Fingers crossed.

Hope it all works out.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Thanks.

Part of me is wondering if he just found a new, obscure hiding place in the house. Last time we were all but convinced he got out I found him in the spare linens closet, where he'd presumably been happily snoozing on a pillow.

Comment

Fingers & toes crossed here.
        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

*fingers crossed and happy thoughts*
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Hopefully, he will realize this.

Comment

Yay He came home!

HE'S HOME!!! Yay! Email from Daddy this morning:

(me)...

Stripes is home. I got up about 1:30 and he was sitting on the porch with
              a new friend. One of the small mostly black cats of the area. When I opened
              the front door they both took off and disappeared. I opened the garage door
              a foot just in case. When I got up at 5:12, I opened the door to the garage
              and a blur came in. No sign of his friend. He went right to the food bowl
              and chowed down.

Will have to keep him out of the bedroom until he is checked for fleas and
              things.

Dad
              I hope he's learned his lesson!

Comment

Hurray!!! I only had my fingers crossed for a second since I was late to the thread, but I'm glad he's back!
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

*happy dance*
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I wonder if his little friend is the same cat that he was running frantically between kitchen window and living room window to watch in the backyard a few weeks ago...

Comment

*dances a most happy dance*
                      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----
                      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                      X