This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just visiting

I'm filling in for a few days at another store and mostly it's been okay. More of a matter of getting used to a different setup. The customers have been nice and one funny observation is that they hardly notice I'm new and just talk to me like I've been there for years.

But of course if it was all sunshine and rainbows I wouldn't be posting here. One was an old guy who seems to be a regular there. He puts his phone numbers in for the rewards card and I didn't notice that his name didn't pop up and I had to hit an extra button on the register. Then he proceeds to talk to me like a child. "Well, you're a new hire so you didn't know. " I'm with the company a long time, jerkface. What you didn't know is that you signed up for the rewards card twice. So fuck off!

Then there was a young kid buying cigarettes and I ask him for ID. He takes out his license, so no problem. Then he makes a comment that I'm new and I don't know him. Of course it was the way he said it. Kinda snarky, smirky. You probably know the tone.

One thing I hate more than anything is when people talk to me like I'm stupid and don't know anything. I'm glad I only have one more day and I'm back to the insanity and drama of my store. I can deal with those jackasses.

One nice surprise was running into a former pharmacist who worked at my store. He got screwed over when our pharmacy hours switched and now works at our three letter competitor across the street. Nice that he still trusts my company for his photos.

Anyway, it's been a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to work there.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

"You're new here and you don't know me."

You're right, I'm here with Undercover Boss and your comment seems to imply that employees aren't checking IDs. I'm going to have to refuse the sale and have a little powwow with the management. *pulls out wooden paddle and turns of register light*
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

There's plenty of areas where the regulatory boards (and police) are checking up on ID checks. Any violation be DAMNED expensive, even if it doesn't get a license revoked/suspended. Any owner with a shred of sense will be the first to harp on 'Check the damned ID'. If it comes to choices, it's far easier to get a new employee, than getting a license reinstated.

Comment

Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
        "You're new here and you don't know me."

You're right, I'm here with Undercover Boss and your comment seems to imply that employees aren't checking IDs. I'm going to have to refuse the sale and have a little powwow with the management.
        Brilliant! That should wipe the smug right off his face.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
          Then there was a young kid buying cigarettes and I ask him for ID. He takes out his license, so no problem. Then he makes a comment that I'm new and I don't know him. Of course it was the way he said it. Kinda snarky, smirky. You probably know the tone.
          That sort of thing would have me checking his ID every. Single. Time I saw him. Just because I could.
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Oh hells yes, double down on that shit; sooner or later he's gonna leave it at home...
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

The thing is he had his ID out so that wasn't the issue. It was just the whole attitude. Tomorrow is my last day at that store and unless I get asked to fill in again I'll probably never see him again.

We have regulars that we don't check ID because we know they're old enough. And we also have some that pull out the ID every time they come in. If I'm not sure I ask. It shouldn't be that big of a deal.
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Working...
              X