This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Didn't Accept, Where's My Cash?

Today on lunch, went down to the cafteria of my office building, and overheard a lady talking to what I assume was the manager about the cafeteria's ATM.

Apparently, this woman swiped her card and went to take out cash. The ATM, as most non-bank ones do, stated there was a $1.95 charge, and was offered the choice as to whether or not to accept it. This lady did not want to pay the fee.

However, she was absolutely stupified as to why the ATM kept cancelling her transaction as soon as she declined to pay the fee.

Mgr: Ma'am, you have to accept that fee in order to withdraw cash?
    SC: Why should I have to? YOUR machine gave me the option.
    Mgr: Ma'am, if the fee was optional, why in the world would anyone ever accept?
    SC: That's what I want to know!!

*brain seizure*

wtf. that's all i can say.

simple, yet so confounding; you want the money, you pay the fee. some people shouldn't be allowed access to technology period.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Wow. That is unbelievably dumb.
      I can't believe she managed to open a bank account to begin with.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
        Wow. That is unbelievably dumb.
        I can't believe she managed to open a bank account to begin with.
        She probably had some extremely patient bank employee just point to her where to sign.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
          *brain seizure*

wtf. that's all i can say.

simple, yet so confounding; you want the money, you pay the fee. some people shouldn't be allowed access to technology period.
          I.E., anything more advanced than a pencil and paper would be included in the technology category.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

maybe the screen should flash a message they could understand:

U R DUM

then shut down. imagine her brain trying to get that one.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
              maybe the screen should flash a message they could understand:

U R DUM

then shut down. imagine her brain trying to get that one.
              Be our luck there'd be someone who would pick that up immediately. Hilarity for all, especially when Miss Clueless demands that the manager FIRE the ATM for insulting her.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                I.E., anything more advanced than a pencil and paper would be included in the technology category.
                For some people though...a pencil and paper *are* advanced technology
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

That's funny. She must not watch the news or visit ATM's that often or she would know that just about any ATM with a bank you do not deal with charges fees like this.

But here is something that is stranger than this thread. My bank does not charge a fee if you use their ATM to withdraw your own money, but they will charge a fee to get your account balance prior to withdrawing your money. Not sure why that is the case, although I always know how much I have. I've been behind people at ATM's who try to withdraw money they don't have, and they go day after day like this, never knowing their balance or if they even have enough cash in the bank. Lord knows how they pay their bills.

Comment

What a maroon! She's getting that fee because it's not her bank's money she's withdrawing.

That's why the only ATM I ever use is the one at my bank. Death before paying fees!
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                    X