This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Brown Truck Delivery Guy...

..you were driving up a hill on the main road of our city. This is neither new nor abnormal.

What was abnormal was your back doors suddenly opening and your stepstool flying out.

You're lucky the guy behind you stopped in time or your company would probably be buying him a new axle or windshield and you'd probably be out of a job. Who knows, you still might if that guy behind you calls your work and is angry enough.

YOU are the reason that there'll most likely be a new safety seminar at your place of work.

Please try not to let it happen again.

(Mods: I thought this fit in several categories so I picked the one I thought was most apt. Sorry if this is wrong.)
    Last edited by Tama; 10-27-2017, 06:24 PM.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Looks about right to me. *shrugs* ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

every time anyone in the company i work for (6 facilities spread out across the country, maybe a thousand employees all together) gets injured, we all find out via a "safety stand-down". Where we learn what NOT to do ever again and try to guess if it was anyone we know.

We all learned how to safely use a door one day, that was fun.

Comment

Quoth bbbr View Post
        We all learned how to safely use a door one day, that was fun.
        Well now you have to share that to the rest of us. How do you safely use a door?
        A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
          How do you safely use a door?
          Well, if the door is opaque, anyone on the side with the hinges needs to avoid the arc that it traces.

Comment

Avoid running into it full-tilt.

Especially if it's a glass door.

Or if it opens toward you.
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

If the building may be on fire, touch the doorknob before opening. If it's hot, find another exit.

Comment

Working...
              X