This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Nother relevant song:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

When your car doesn't show up on radar because it's more bondo then metal.

When you drag race they use a sun dial instead of an stop watch.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

...when my 1959 Radio-Flyer "station wagon" can outrun your car from a dead stop.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
          (Sadly, this isn't a junker it's a 2013 with less then 40k miles)
          A junker is determined by its state of being, not its age.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I do not own a junker, I prefer to call it a "rolling project"
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

One of my neighbor's cars is such a junker. Just a few things I can see from the outside... One headlight is held on by duct tape, lots of it, and the edges of the tape flutter in the wind. Every visible part of it is damaged. It has multiple dents in the doors on both sides, and part of the front bumper has been ripped off. The rear bumper has many scrapes, which are white, while the rest of the car is tan. (Except for the rust around the dents.) The plastic part of the side mirrors have large broken bits which are missing and/or fallen off. I just noticed one of the rear tires is currently flat. They do drive this thing, I hope they notice the flat. Oh, and it's an older model Nissan Altima.

They park next to me. Even though I can't remember the last time I washed my car and it's covered in pollen, it looks great when compared.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                When your car doesn't show up on radar because it's more bondo then metal.

When you drag race they use a sun dial instead of an stop watch.
                You're 0 to 60 time is conducted with a calendar.
                Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                  I just noticed one of the rear tires is currently flat. They do drive this thing, I hope they notice the flat.
                  Do you think you could mention the flat to them without them getting totally offended? It's a safety issue and I'm worried about them. Sometimes people don't notice stuff like that. But of course there's the possibility they have and can't afford to fix it or don't care.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                    When you have the vehicle in the shop every day for a week for the same problem. (Bad a/c here. Current guess is bad compressor. Nothing like no a/c in 105+-degree heat.)
                    Going back to the shop today. When the fix doesn't "stick", it could be a junker.
                    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

When the panhandler at the end of the exit ramp doesn't wipe your windows because he doesn't want to be near that nasty car
                      -or-
                      hands YOU money
                      AkaiKitsune
                      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                        Do you think you could mention the flat to them without them getting totally offended? It's a safety issue and I'm worried about them. Sometimes people don't notice stuff like that. But of course there's the possibility they have and can't afford to fix it or don't care.
                        *sigh* I found out they bought another car, an older SUV, which is now parked next to the old junker car with the flat tire. That's why it hasn't moved. So annoying! We just got a different car towed since it hadn't moved in months, and now immediately we get another car that's not going to move? Nobody claimed the other car (had Canadian plates) but we all know who this one belongs to. I hope they have plans to get rid of it, I have to talk to the property manager about my dishwasher anyway so I'll bring it up.

We don't have permit parking or assigned spots, I'd have to get out the lease to see how long a person has to deal this this sort of thing.
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

When you read the "You know you drive a junker" thread and think. "I need to go start that thing and see if it still runs."
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

True story, got pulled over for what ever, cop asked what color the car was, it was faded somewhere between gray/blue/green? I said put down whatever color you like I'll agree.
                            AkaiKitsune

Comment

...if the speaker at the McDonald's drive-through sounds better than the ones in your car...you know you drive a junker

...if your insurance company pays you to keep it off the road, you know you drive a junker...
                              ...if its mere existence brings down property values in the entire county...
                              ...if you tell the gas station attendant to "fill it with oil, and check the gas..."
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                                ... put down whatever color you like I'll agree.
                                A friend of mine used to race his car with a local club. On the entry form, you are supposed to put what color your car is, in part so they can identify you out on the track.

He filled out "Color: No".

(His car used to be Petrel Blue, a wonderful blue-green metallic color. But decades of sun exposure and lack of care completely trashed the paint.)
                                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                                X