Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to my fellow video game store employees.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you have to work during the midnight launch for the XB1? If so, how did it go?
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I've actually been looking forward to the PS4 release date... my beloved PS3 is on it's last legs and now that the PS4 is out, it will be a lot cheaper to replace my PS3 when it finally dies
      Though, really, I much prefer PC to console... the main games I play are RPGs which play better on the PC than console anyway, except for a few franchises that are only available on Playstation. And then just a few shooter games to round things out on the console, and a lot of sim/tycoon games on the PC (seriously, I've fallen behind, but at one point in time, actually about a decade ago, if it had the word sim or tycoon in the title, I owned it).
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I need to do the same -- a friend who worked (past tense, *sigh*) at a computer repair shop had me send my PS3 to him when the thing went belly-up last year (60gb launch model system). His intention was to fix it up in his spare time, for free ^_^ ... Once he was able to get it properly tested, he discovered that the motherboard had fried after all those years. He said he could get a replacement cheap enough that he wouldn't have to charge me for it...again, ROCK. Unbeknownst to me, he meant a cheap replacement system and not replacement board o_O I found out after the fact that he had done this. And told me not to worry about paying for that (yes, I offered to!). Yes, said friend is fsking AWESOME ^_^

Unfortunately, the replacement unit, with my old hard drive in it, died 2 weeks after I got it, but not before it glitched out on me and decided to "reset itself"...which apparently meant wiping a hard drive with over three years worth of game saves on it >_< I know my Ps1/Ps2 saves I had on the original unit were history when the mobo died, but this took the ps3 saves as well. Now I have a dead Ps3 on my hands and nowhere near enough spare $ to replace it with again x.x and he doesn't work at the repair shop anymore. Le Argh.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X