X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Are you calling me a liar?"

Well, yes, cuz you kinda are.

The SC tried to return an item to the store claiming he'd bought it here, but he'd lost the receipt. It wasn't even something that's sold in the main store! When I pointed this out to him, he came out with the immortal line quoted in the title. Apparently, we're all thieves out to steal his money cuz I refused his refund, and he's never coming back. x 100000.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

"Are you calling me a liar?"

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther!"

Comment

"I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just saying that your memory of events differs substantially to the available facts."
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

It reminds me of a conversation between two co-workers in terms break room about another employee who got fired. One of them said "she's a liar. It's what she's good at."

To which I replied, "Well she can't be that good at it if she got caught."
        Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
          "I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just saying that your memory of events differs substantially to the available facts."
          This SC rejects the reality we share and substitutes his own.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I'm just remembering a few webcomics that show a brand new, first time this brand is in town, freshly built in the last 3 months building, Grand Opening signs all about... Store has been open maybe a whole 15 minutes before some SC wanders in, squawking about how they've been coming here for 20 years and...

Comment

A happy memory for me, a lady huffing around looking for a certain ribbon. She was saying we move our stock too much, it was for a wedding! Blah blah. I take the spool and scan it. It doesn't show up at all, not even a clearance price. I see the words, "Made exclusively for Competing Craft Store." At least she wasn't mean after I showed that to her.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

"I'd phrase it more elegantly myself, of course."

Comment

He's not a liar, he just strongly identifies with alternative facts.
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                    He's not a liar, he just strongly identifies with alternative facts.
                    ... and then you take his car.
                    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      We've established that. We are trying to determine your competence at it.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

"It has been my considerable experience (sir, ma'am), that those who ask that question are indeed lying."

Comment

I had a chief pull this shit on me during a maint meeting.
                          I just looked back and said I yea I guess I am!
                          He threw up his hands and walked away.
                          The trouble started is when I cam back after the meeting with paperwork to prove he did.
                          then the yelling started
                          AkaiKitsune
                          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther!"
                            This is EXACTLY where my mind went upon reading the post title! Glad to know I'm not the only one

My usual reaction when I'm asked this is the following:

Comment

[QUOTE=KuariKaydrith;1367386]This is EXACTLY where my mind went upon reading the post title! Glad to know I'm not the only one

I couldn't help it, it's my favorite comeback when a couple of my students actively lie in front of me. My two classroom aides are about the same age as me so they get it mad quick, haha.

I also find that in 9 times out of 10, they who bellow out the thread title are, indeed, lying.

Comment

Working...
                              X