Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bookstore had busy days both before and after Thanksgiving, but probably not to match Independence Day's mad streak.

Comment

We weren’t open yesterday, but driving past the mall (nope, didn’t shop...on a way to an event) the parking lot wasn’t that busy. Looked like mid-December, not BF. Even the roads were clear.

It was eerie. I like eerie.
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

BTW the hassle/early hype and sale and cyber what the hell ever day, i see it dieing of quite a lot.
        News had to hype a "fight" at a semi local mall. "fight" 4 kids tussled for 2 whole min over some online trash talk wasn't even sale related. But TMZ had it. Small dealership with shitty mechs that the word is not out on. Yea 1 whole retail sale. 6 dumb calls.
        Now I'm here today..well doing this I could be anywhere else. To quote Hicks...get me out of this chickenshit outfit.
        Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 11-30-2019, 01:13 PM.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
          To quote Hicks...get me out of this chickenshit outfit.
          That's Hudson, Marine...!

Comment

I don't think we pulled in plan today (Saturday). I could tell that Boss Lady was stressed this afternoon. We are near a top draw mall. It's the biggest in the state and people come from the neighboring state to shop for Christmas. On top of that our store is a top contender year-'round. I think the poopy weather had a lot to do with it. Rain, rain, rain and now it's turning to snow.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I actually did a little shopping on Black Friday. However, it was in my parent's little upstate NY town, in a yarn shop and a couple of consignment shops. We were the only people there.
              My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                That's Hudson, Marine...!
                you are correct, just seeing if your paying attn.
                Last edited by MadMike; 12-03-2019, 09:39 PM. Reason: No need to quote the image
                AkaiKitsune
                Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

I slept most of Thursday, waited until late afternoon Friday to go see Frozen 2 (which was awesome) with a friend, then wandered the local outdoor mall until we were both tired. Slept most of the weekend.

I do NOT miss retail. This was my 2nd year of freedom in 20 years! (Last year was the 1st.)

Comment

My holiday was spent in a haze of cold medicine, Mucinex, and cough drops. I worked on Friday (because I could work at home), and had no energy to go anywhere after that. The whole weekend was a repeat of that.
                    Think of all the money I saved by being too sick to go out!!

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                      We were busy but it wasn't crazy. Our photo department was hopping since it's about the only time of year it is. We have a decent sale on toys but we don't have any hot items. I think the days of big Black Friday sales are over (including the stores open on Thanksgiving). Seems there are "Black Friday" sales starting in the summer and there's nothing special about it anymore.
                      Do you realize that future generations are going to ask 'Why is it called Black Friday when it lasts for 2 months?'

Comment

Work was slow on Black Friday, like it always is here at my restaurant. We're no where near the shopping malls in town. Saturday was extremely slow, but, we were also getting a bad snowstorm that day.

The only shopping I did that day was to drive to the twin cities, and buy some Goose Island Bourbon County beers. Found all I wanted, and no riots at all at the liquor stores.
                        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I resolved to do no shopping on Black Friday. I'll admit I did to a bit of looking online but didn't bite, and I didn't go to any retailers that day.

I spent a crapload that weekend though. ^^;

Comment

I actually didn't buy anything except for coffee.

D2, on the other hand, regaled me on Saturday about how much money she spent online...and she constantly complains about being broke (and is apartment-hunting to boot...I don't think the girl realizes what that will cost upfront)
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

On Friday I went grocery shopping and to Walmart to buy Command hooks for a decorating project that was somewhat less than successful.

The grocery store was predictably dead. Walmart was busy but not crazy.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Grocery stores won't see an uptick until about two weeks before Christmas, when people need their holiday meals.

Comment

Working...
                                X