This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
    -- Please understand that if someone says we are out of a certain product by just glancing at it, then 8 out of 10 times we ARE out of it.
    I'd amend that to 9/10 times. I'd say 10/10, if I didn't work with some dipshits who don't even bother to check. "How do you know?" "well, you're the 14th person in the last 20 minutes to ask me for that item" "gah, you shouldn't advertise if you're not going to have the item" "it's Friday, the ad came out on Sunday..."

-- We have NO backstock in the backroom, if we did then we would not be able to take in any more weekly trucks. So please don't ask if we have it in the back, this is a small craft store -- not Wally World.
    Yes! I can check the boxes overhead, or the bins down below, but checking "in the back" is just...me looking at receiving and going "Yup, there's boxes here". (from the truck, which we're processing).

-- Again I have been working at this store for X amount of years. Yarn has never been and never will be on the left side of the store, it has always been on the right side and will stay there unless there is a massive store-wide reset.ht
    Heh, in our store, it's on the left. It's always been on the left. However, other locations in the area are apparently flipped, and our store is backwards. We are forever getting confused customers who know the other locations, and assume ours is the same. What gets me is that I'll often find them on the seasonal side, wandering around looking for scrapbooking stuff. Which is on the craft side RIGHT BY THE DOORS.

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post

-- I also can not order any of our stock, we have not done normal ordering since I first started working for this company many odd years ago. It now is automatic. I'm sorry that Item XYW isn't in stock, it'll come in when the warehouse sends us more.

-- No I will NOT call <Compitetion> for you nor do I know the following about them: their phone number, hours, address, who their SM/ASM/other managers are, and what kind of sales they offer. I am not an employee of <Compitetion> therefore I don't know jack shit about them nor do I care to know.
    Auto replenish pisses people off. And apparently, I'm not supposed to say "If people would stop stealing the items, instead of buying them, then the inventory would be correct and it'd trigger an order, when we were out"...

Dude, I have to explain the whole "I don't work for those stores, so I don't know what they carry, what their hours are, what their prices are" at least 7 times a shift. I might be exaggerating. A little.

For customers:
    If you've called MY store, I am NOT going to call another location of MY store for you. If you've called MY location, that means you have access to a telephone.

I will give you THEIR phone number, so that you can call them, just as you've called me. Why? Because we've only got three lines. If I call another store for you, you're tying up 2/3 of our lines. Contrary to popular belief we do not have a special number to reach the other store. We call the same number as you.

If you tell me you tried to call other location across town, and the number was busy, it's going to be busy for me too. Probably because of some dipshit wanting them to call another store while they're on hold.

And please save your BS caring about the store being open on Thanksgiving for someone else. It's been open for T-Day for at least the past 3 years (I can't remember when it started). It's apparently making them money.
    you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

On the coupon topic: No, you cannot use more than one on a transaction. Maybe you can at a grocery store, but not here. Not now not ever.

more coupons: I don't set the dates that they are good for. When it's expired, it's expired. Not my fault you forgot to use it.

Morning/evening specials: As above. It's not my fault you slept in or otherwise got your days mixed up.

Lines: The registers are set up in a "quad" format. 4 per counter area. Oftentimes I will have my back to the register behind me. Do not come up and stare at my back while I'm working on a line. its creepy. And no, I won't wait on you unless you get in the damn line.

Comment

When Visitor parking is reserved

I am just a contract parking attendant. I am not responsible for reserving visitor parking for events. The parking office is responsible for that. However, I have to follow what the parking office tells me. That is according to my direct supervisor & the client supervisor. So do not glare at me when you are told that no, you cannot park. Complain to the parking office about that.

I am also not responsible for the fact that there is a $5.00 fee to park in visitor parking.

Comment

Re: "the back": we do have an overstock shelf in the basement. But that stuff, and the stuff on the shelves, is all in the computer system. So if someone asks for something and can't find it on the shelf, I can look it up on the computer and find out if any are supposed to be there. Somehow nobody has yet contested the computer's claim that there is 0 stock.

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
            Somehow nobody has yet contested the computer's claim that there is 0 stock.
            Silly Flybbit! We're supposed to believe you told the computer?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

We cannot make backordered items come in any faster (though they might on their own). We cannot rush furniture orders. We CANNOT rush furniture orders. WE CANNOT RUSH FURNITURE ORDERS. WE ESPECIALLY CANNOT RUSH SPECIAL ORDER FURNITURE ITEMS. I don't care who you ask, how much you whine, how loud you scream, how this ruins your life forever. We also cannot give out the names of our vendors so you can pester them directly.

Yes, much of the time I understand your frustration, especially if you receive an item that's damaged or defective after waiting a while to get it and it has to be replaced; however, being a procrastinator and perfectionist myself, I also know there's a good chance it's your fault you're not getting your stuff in time because you didn't plan ahead - either that or you are rich enough to waltz into some local furniture store, lay down a wad of cash or your super duper Diamond Amex card and demand they make a full living room set for you by tomorrow. Perhaps both. In any event, please leave me out of your nightmare fantasy world, suck it up and make it work for you in your own way, and be thankful you don't have more serious problems in your life. Merci beaucoup
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Love this thread!

- If we sent you a proof, READ IT! Epecially if it's a death notice! We take extra care with those, but you still need to check them. "I'm not in the office today" is NOT an acceptable excuse. We can email or fax it, you need to check it. It's a working document, not a pretty souvenir for you to give to the family. You get a proof for the purpose of double-checking the facts for accuracy, so DO THAT.

- You had to wait on hold? That's life. Everybody can't be first in line. We are taking other calls, and when we get to your call we'll give you the best service we can. No, your call is NOT more important than someone else's.

- A minute and a half before deadline is NOT time enough to take your ad, read it back, ask you all the questions we're required to ask, take your credit card info and save the ad into the system. Not my fault if you can't tell time.

- Your ad expired a week ago. Don't yell at me because we didn't call you back before that. It's YOUR AD and YOUR MONEY. The start date and stop date were told to you when you placed it. Take some responsibility for your own transactions. Incoming calls are our priority.

- Don't scream at me because your free ad didn't make it into the paper this weekend. It's a FREE AD. The paid ones get taken care of first. Why anybody would burn gas to drive two towns over to pay you $10 for some old piece of junk is beyond me, and anybody that runs as many ads as you do for old junk is clearly running a business; you shouldn't be getting free ads anyway.

- No, you don't quality for private party rates. You sold 12 cars in the past six months; you're a business. Yes, we DO know how many cars you offer for sale--we have records of all your ads (using four different phone numbers and three different addresses) going back several years.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Nobody has access to the local offices to call about ETAs for technicians and we have no way of contacting the local offices or personally contacting the technicians!!! Stop fucking asking!!!

If you don't wanna troubleshoot over the phone and you call tech support for help, there's not a thing we can do for you if you feel that you're too good or too damn lazy and entitled to not cooperate and troubleshoot YOUR technical issue that YOU called to get assistance for. You lose! Goodbye!

Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 11-21-2011, 04:14 AM. Reason: ETA
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

If you have a return, you have to wait in line. Just like all those people GIVING the store money.

Comment

-- I don't like some aspects of our new return system either, but I fully understand the why behind it and am just doing my JOB when I ask if you have your drivers license [ or other government-issued ID ] before doing the return. I can not do certain returns with certain tenders without it.

-- I also am unable to put anything back onto your debit card now, because of the new return system. That's not my fault.

-- Yes I'm going home from work at 11:30 in the morning, no I am NOT: sick, slacking off, getting out early without anyone noticing, etc. I have actually been here since around 3 am and have been up since 1:30 am. Yes it's a insane shift but the way I see it, is that I've already done and gone to work already by the time everyone else is GOING to work.

-- Also, if you see me slightly leaning on the counter -- I am, again, not slacking off. Mother Nature is twisting my insides for a few days much worse then normal -- it's either I go home and curl up in bed, or I suck it up and work.
                      Last edited by Android Kaeli; 11-21-2011, 12:47 AM.
                      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

-Don't whine, moan and accuse us of thinking you are a scammer when you pay with a £50. Either in the supermarket where we had to wait for a manager to verify it or in the bar when the server had to go to the managers office to get him to verify it. Its procedure.

-Joking that the manager/server whoever has run off with your cash and isn't coming back after 30 seconds isn't funny. You really think they would risk their job for £50 or less?

-When you need a replacement for any reason (yes, especially that invisible mark or you didn't look at the size you picked up) and one of the runners goes for it don't whine about how long they are taking. They probably know the store better than you and last time the customer was sent to get that replacement mid transaction it took them three times as long.
                        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
                          * Staring at the closed door before the store opens and trying to get employees to look at you will likewise not open the store faster.
                          I love this. I also love it when they try to follow people in. Especially when it's an hour or more before the store opens. Dear Customer: It is not rude to point out that we're not open. And if I'm on my way in, then I'm off the clock, so...I don't technically have to be nice to you. So, bite me.

Another phone thing:

If you call the store, could you get to the point?
                          Don't tell me you want to check to see if we carry "a product". Tell me what KIND of product.

Don't tell me your name, occupation, the weather, what you're doing on Tuesday, your brothers dogs name, ask me how I'm doing (and I realize you're probably just being polite, but seriously, GET TO THE POINT, we aren't having chat, you're calling for a reason), get mad when I don't ask you how you're doing, etc. How about after I answer "Glitter Hell, My Location, How can I help you?"... you say "Hi, yes, I'd like to know if you carry random crafty thing?" Because if I don't know, I know who best to direct the call to.

But "Hi, My name is Lorraine Smith, my daughter attends Elementary School and has a project on Leprechauns and wants to be an astronaut when she grows up, how are you doing? I was wondering if you carried a product?" Just takes up time.

The only time I need to know your name is if you're asking me to hold an item. That's it. Just GET to the point.

I can't freakin help you til I know wtf you want. A product, yes, but WHAT KIND?

Oh! And more on coupons:

CRICUT ITEMS HAVE BEEN EXCLUDED FOR YEARS. NOT just the carts, not just the machine, but ALL of them. Always. Well, not always. there was a brief few months when we first started carrying them before they excluded them. But for the past 4 or 5 years? They've been excluded. No, it's not a new thing. NO, we're not trying to trick you. NO, I can't override. NO, my manager won't either.

Ditto Books. Ditto Magazines. Ditto big ole Christmas Trees and everything else that is excluded. It's not like it's a secret. It's printed on the coupon.

And, no, you can't us a competitor coupon on an item we've excluded. Even if it doesn't say it on the bottom of their coupon. Why? Well, see, we go by our rules, not theirs.

Plus, we really enjoy pissing you off.

Well, I do.

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                            Oh! And more on coupons:

CRICUT ITEMS HAVE BEEN EXCLUDED FOR YEARS. NOT just the carts, not just the machine, but ALL of them. Always. Well, not always. there was a brief few months when we first started carrying them before they excluded them. But for the past 4 or 5 years? They've been excluded. No, it's not a new thing. NO, we're not trying to trick you. NO, I can't override. NO, my manager won't either.

Ditto Books. Ditto Magazines. Ditto big ole Christmas Trees and everything else that is excluded. It's not like it's a secret. It's printed on the coupon.

And, no, you can't us a competitor coupon on an item we've excluded. Even if it doesn't say it on the bottom of their coupon. Why? Well, see, we go by our rules, not theirs.
                            THANK YOU! I get this from time to time, I am glad I'm not the only one. I get this a LOT on books -- especally from the ones that say they were allowed to do it last week. Um, how about no?

Also on the line of coupons: we have not had anyone sign their name or give us any zip codes for coupons in the last few years. We don't even have the damn sign-ups anymore, so please don't lie when you say you did it last week, at this very store. I know for a FACT we don't do it anymore, any store that's doing it will most likely get in big trouble with the head office.
                            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                              Don't tell me your name, occupation, the weather, what you're doing on Tuesday, your brothers dogs name, ask me how I'm doing (and I realize you're probably just being polite, but seriously, GET TO THE POINT, we aren't having chat, you're calling for a reason)...
                              And once you get to the point, give me a chance to answer. Don't continue rambling on about your brother's dog and how it broke its leg jumping off the roof. I have better things to do than listen to your stories about people and pets that I've never met.

And when I finally break in to give you the answer you wanted, listen to the answer. It's the reason you called, after all. If you don't listen to the answer, you'll just be calling tomorrow with the same question, wasting even more of my time.
                              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

It is not my responsibility to know if the ATM in our competitor across the street takes deposits. If it is so important to you go there check. I work at a Drug Store and last time I checked I do not work for Bank of America.

Call your bank if you want to know ATM locations. I am not information.

I also can not fix Chase Banks ATM Machine. Call Chase and ask what is wrong with their ATM and when they plan to fix it. Being bitchy when I let you know there is a Chase bank branch a few miles away is not going to fix our ATM machine.

I am not a bank stop asking me for rolls of quarters if I tell you I don't have any.

Comment

Working...
                                X