X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now we do house calls?

In the are you fucking kidding me Dept.

Bossman takes a call from a guy who's truck needs a battery.

He's going to have a mech drive 7 miles out to house thats "like next door"
    to put it and I will take his card over the phone.
    Ooook battery is $265 he says to wack it up to $315 to pay the mechs time.
    Okkk $315 for it, let accounting figure this mess out. I put his name in comments for blame.
    Call the guy back to make up the invoice.
    Get teh name and addr and stuff then THE SUCK
    this the best price you will do?
    Really dude, really I mean really?
    If I could taint punch though the phone, he would get it.
    I stare at the phone and finally say
    dude, your getting a mech who is getting tools and a truck to do a house call from a dealership!

K thanks yea thanks.

some fucking people, Today had so much stupid I didn't get the Scout stuff done I needed to.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Price shopping through a dealership? The customer is new at the whole pricing thing, isn't he? Got a decent skill in 'Empowered Clueless' though.

Comment

Price shopping is one thing but to have an non flat rate tech bring it to you and put it in price shop?
      Throat punch is a go!
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Yeah, and the $50 for a tech to hop in truck and do it... Even for non-dealer shops, that's cheap.

But yeah, sales guy gets his name on the invoice for blame. "Who do we have to blame for this little cluster$*@%? Oh. Him." I imagine even the tech is going to be grumbling after this is over.

Hey, if a tech is headed out that way anyways, how much is the delivery charge for a taint-punch?

Comment

About seven years ago I bought a new Ford from a large local dealer. Real nice guy and has always been honest with me AFAIK. I pick up the car right after lunch and go to work. Leaving work car won't start acts like the battery is dead. Call the dealership and the person that answers says they can't deal with this today. So I prepare to drive one of the service vans home when the dealership owner calls to find out what's going on. Cut to the chase he and two mechanics come to the office and fix the car. Since I didn't receive a bill I guess it was covered under the warranty. Good customer service.
          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Don't you just love when the bossman finds out that the minions are about to cost the company $$$$$ in bad PR (word of mouth) over a $ battery? (Especially when it's something that should have gotten spotted at the dealership to begin with) Having a reputation can be a damn GOOD thing sometimes.

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
              About seven years ago I bought a new Ford from a large local dealer. Real nice guy and has always been honest with me AFAIK. I pick up the car right after lunch and go to work. Leaving work car won't start acts like the battery is dead. Call the dealership and the person that answers says they can't deal with this today. So I prepare to drive one of the service vans home when the dealership owner calls to find out what's going on. Cut to the chase he and two mechanics come to the office and fix the car. Since I didn't receive a bill I guess it was covered under the warranty. Good customer service.
              That I could see.

The boss man was the Gen Mgr, or the guy one below the owner, so he says do it, so I did it. But I still noted it was his idea.
              AkaiKitsune

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                Don't you just love when the bossman finds out that the minions are about to cost the company $$$$$ in bad PR (word of mouth) over a $ battery? (Especially when it's something that should have gotten spotted at the dealership to begin with) Having a reputation can be a damn GOOD thing sometimes.
                Well I was willing to wait until the next day, I didn't like the answer I got but when I was there earlier they were real busy, so Oh well. I didn't have any plans on bad-mouthing them as everyone messes up now and again. They brought a battery and replaced it but they also replaced the alternator and some of the wiring. Other than have to replace the battery due to age a few years ago I've had very few problems with all being small (Thank the Lord.)

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                That I could see.

The boss man was the Gen Mgr, or the guy one below the owner, so he says do it, so I did it. But I still noted it was his idea.
                Hey, CYA is good and I practice that when I need to do so.
                Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                X