View Single Post

Old 06-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Asura Mesmer

All I know of Jean Grey comes from the first two X-Men movies. *hangs head in shame for losing geek cred*

The physical aspects of this character isn't as important to me as the powers, which I hope you agree are reasonable. I'm deliberately leaving some of the limits of the powers vague, since I don't expect the character would know what the absolute limits are, only that xe gets migraines if xe overextends xerself.

----------

Sapputiyok's people are humanoid with skin tones ranging from pale blue to dark purple. They are largely androgynous by human standards, with little outward differences to indicate whether they lean more towards male or female. They have 4 fingers (including thumb) and four toes, with no fingernails or toenails. They are hairless, with only small external ears and eyes rather like an octopus. Sapputiyok is a fairly average-looking member of xer species, about 6' tall, skinny, with dark blue skin.

Dimension #81: Sapputiyok comes from a world not terribly unlike the Earth, though the technology level is more along the lines of the ancient Greeks. It has a variety of climates, but the portion Sapputiyok comes from is hot and arid, with only sparse plant life and even fewer animals. Xer people have set up a bustling city on a major river through the desert, the only place that is habitable in the region. The society in this city is very heirarchical, with each person constantly aware of their social standing compared to each other. Sapputiyok works as a sort of bodyguard/lie dectector for a successful merchant.

Sapputiyok is one of a small number (about .001% of the population) of xer people who have the gift of telekinesis. The most prominent way this manifests is a sixth sense - the abilty to sense things at a distance. This sense varies from vision in several ways: the more "powerful" the thing is, the easier it is to sense. Intelligences and powerful "auras" "shine" the brightest, living things and mundane energies (such as electricity) "glow", and inanimate objects barely register. Sapputiyok can reach out with xer power to manipulate objects that xe senses, to move, twist, crush, stretch, or even warm or chill things. Xe can even make short-range "fields" around xer body to warm or chill the air or stop or slow objects moving through the space. The difficulty of these powers increases with the level of "power" something has. So it is much easier for Sapputiyok to manipulate small, inanimate objects than to manipulate larger, more complex, or intelligent things. Xe can even warm things enough to catch them on fire or chill them enough to freeze them, but that's very difficult to do. Such uses of xer powers can lead to physical distress, such as migraines or worse. The sense has a line of effect, of sorts. Sapputiyok might not be able to sense a dog hiding behind a person with innate magic, for example.

As a youngster, Sapputiyok trained with a mentor to hone xer telekinetic abilities. Xe learned how to close off xer mind to the sixth sense, in order to keep from being "blinded" by powerful "auras." Xe has rarely had to do so in xer home city.

The merchant finds Sapputiyok's powers useful as a bodyguard, should someone try to rob the merchant, or as a lie detector, to prevent people from cheating the merchant. Sapputiyok's senses include reading the emotional state through changes in body temperature and so forth, so sensing a lie is relatively easy. This reading would be more difficult, of course, with someone who is not one of xer people, due to differences in physiology and culture.

Sapputiyok has a kind of racism; xer estimation of a person's worth is based on their energy level - more powerful beings "glow" more brightly in xer sixth sense. Though the merchant is an important person in their society, the merchant's energy level is lower (due to not having telekinesis or any other powers), so Sapputiyok has contempt for the merchant, though xe conceals it in order to keep xer job.

Sapputiyok wears a simple but elegant outfit - thigh-length jacket with a mandarin collar over straight-leg pants, ballerina flats. This outfit practically a uniform, depicting xer station within society.

ETA: I almost forgot. Sapputiyok is able to hover briefly (less than a minute) by pushing away from the ground or buildings.

Last edited by Ghel; 06-18-2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: How could I forget hovering?