• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mr. Rude View Post
    Bring 'em on!! Bring 'em all on!!

*loads both pistols with shrapnel*

I'll cover all of ya...YAHARR!!

*Stands guard dilligently & awaits the assault of SC types*
    No, no, you're going about it all wrong!

*Pulls out a sniper rifle, climbs a tower, and waits for SCs*

Much more efficient.

I like how some people think we hate all customers. Not true at all. We just hate the complete and utter morons that we do sometimes deal with.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

It's interesting seeing all the people complaining about foreign call centers. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have never had to be routed to one. Perhaps it's because I call at a decent time of day?

Thing 2, people on both sides are so busy generalizing that "every" CSR or "every" customer is mean or rude, they fail to see that about 95% of the time, things go smoothly with the other party. Honestly. It's really rare that I get a bad CSR on anything, (it happens occasionally, though, and I can minimize it by behaving myself), and the vast majority of my customers are great.

The old turd that wrote a letter completely in caps complaining that he doesn't speak "dothead or spanish or slanteyed" needs to be taken out and shot.

Comment

What bothers me more was that at the bottom it says all comments are read and approved before they're displayed! So someone, somewhere at that site thinks that's a remotely acceptable post...

If I remember rightly (and even if I do, it may well have been chance) this site doesn't do well after publicity. For example, shortly after the Smart Money article (end of 2002 or so) the site was hacked, and I believe at least two others were shortly after some sort of outside publicity but can't remember when or what at this point. Probably coincidence...
        Last edited by HYHYBT; 01-19-2007, 12:07 PM.
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I put up a comment at the end of the article that hasn't been approved - I made sure that Barefootgirl and Spiffy were credited for their help, but it's not gone up yet.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
            That article is how I found y'all. Great article, and I really appreciated your contributions, as they were right on the money!
            Ditto. Actually, my intro mentioned the article before I found this thread...

Definitely agree with myswtghst
            I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
            "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
              That article is how I found y'all. Great article, and I really appreciated your contributions, as they were right on the money!
              Same here. Great site, btw!

Srry Rapscallion for the email about the confirmation, I was able to reset the password and entered with no problems.

tim
              Quoted from DisgruntledBadger's old pizza boss:
              "Now scram and quit infecting my space with your f**kin' stupid."

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                We weren't famous before the article?
                We'll, waaaay back when, when I joined the first time round (this was years and years ago - before the site even had a forum, I believe). I didn't find the site by word-of-mouth or even through a search engine. It was mentioned in a blurb, either an ad or an article. Either way, it was through media. I decided to check it out, and was amazed at the stories that were on the site, I even submitted a couple of stories myself (nothing spectactular), but doubt they got posted . . .
                This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                  No, no, you're going about it all wrong!

*Pulls out a sniper rifle, climbs a tower, and waits for SCs*

Much more efficient.
                  It might be more efficient, but it lacks a certain...pirattitude.
                  Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
                  - Robert E. Howard

Comment

It amazes me about all the complaints over foreign based call centers. If all call centers were based in the US (or your country of origin) do these customers understand that their services would probably cost about 10% more?

Then they'd be calling to complain about that too.
                    If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Quoth Luna View Post
                      It amazes me about all the complaints over foreign based call centers. If all call centers were based in the US (or your country of origin) do these customers understand that their services would probably cost about 10% more?

Then they'd be calling to complain about that too.
                      Oh, it doesn't amaze me about foreign call center complaints.

I have much too often had to deal with off-shore call centers where the people answering the phones not only had incredibly thick accents, but their grasp of English was marginal, at best, and they were incapable of actually understanding anything that did not fit the script they were using.

When a call that should take no more than 15 minutes takes 2 hours, I think you have every right to be incredibly irritated or downright pissed.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                      X