• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you watching that?!

Subject: Red Hot Chili Peppers and Mars Volta
    Date: November 3, 2006
    Place: My arena
    SC Classification: Idiotic, chance of making your brain screw up trying to figure this out is a medium chance.

Summary: I was at the arena for this concert, not working for once and going to the show. I was in a suite and the suite layout is circular; meaning that you can see the suite on the other side quite well. Most of these suites have TVs in them so they can kill time before whatever is going on starts.

During the Mars Volta, people were into it and enjoying themselves. I glanced across the suite and noticed that the TV was on, turned to the basketball game probably. No problem, a lot of people do that during the opening act as it may not be their music or they are just bad. Well midway through the main act, I see the TV still on. The reason I am writing this out is because of the fact that this customer paid a pretty penny to go to this show and he is watching a lousy sports game at a concert when he could do that at home for free or record it and go to the concert. I always wonder why people spend money for a great show only to not even watch it and do something else.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

I just went to the Hilton Family Ice Skating and Gymnastics show thanks to a friend that had extra tickets from her company. Lovely, lovely seats in one of the skyboxes with full catering. There were two children sitting next to me at the beginning of the event, and I noticed that by the intermission one of the kids had vanished. I guess the little boy wasn't as excited as his sister to be there, and spent most of the time watching Harry Potter in the back of the suite.

Comment

Maybe they're not interested in the concert as much as they are interested in showing off the suite to their guests.

Y'know, just bragging to their friends "Lookit, I got a suite! Don't you wish you were me?"
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I went to a hockey game because a relative got extra tickets for the company suite.

My sister and my dad and a few others were watching the game on TV in the suite. WHY? Just stay home and eat chips and watch TV there.

But, I have to say... free wings, free pizza, and the holiest of all holies, free beer means this is the best way to watch the game.
        free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Quoth Lyse View Post
          I just went to the Hilton Family Ice Skating and Gymnastics show...
          Man, that Paris Hilton will do ANYTHING to stay in the spotlight!
          Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

i love the mars volta. brilliant, i tell you!
            My Space

Comment

WTF!? Someone went to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert, and watched a sports match? A basketball game at that! It better be the freaking Superbowl or the World Series if it's going to be on during a RHCP concert. And it should be on mute, only there to look at the score once and a while.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                WTF!? Someone went to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert, and watched a sports match?
                A huge RHCP fan, cool. If you haven't seen them live, I'd recommend it. They put on the best show and I've seen them twice.

A waste of money though and the exact same reason as to why suites at my arena shouldn't have TVs in them. It drives me nuts when I can see the glow of a screen at a concert. Because of this, I've been more than happy to go to smaller venues for my concert fix. No suites, no TVs, just all out fun and music.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
                  Man, that Paris Hilton will do ANYTHING to stay in the spotlight!
                  Now that was freaking awesome...and I totally forgot about Rule #1
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                  X