This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssssssuspicious Happening

10Pm at night. The mall is closed. A plain white van rolls into the lot of one of the stores and...sits. A few minutes later another car enters the lot and approached the white van. The men exit their vehicles and size each-other up. Money changes hands and the goods are exchanged.

Sounds suspicious right?

However, the goods were a 5-foot long female red tailed boa. The guy in then van bought it off craigslist and the parking lot was the agreed-upon neutral location. My coworkers had seen the van and asked the guy what he was up to. He didn't know if the guy was pulling his leg when he mentioned the snake, but then he saw it. And parked faaaaarrrrr away because he hates snakes!

However, he did wish that we had a snake in the mall big enough to eat rowdy teenagers...
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

LOL the whole thing makes me giggle.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I remember once buying Avon products from a coworker...we met in the back of a closed-restaurant's lot. We didn't even get out of our cars...we just parked close enough to pass things across, since we were both in a rush with places to be. I remember thinking how shady it must've looked to anyone watching us. (We weren't in a particularly great neighborhood, either.)
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Snakes....why'd it have to be snakes?
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I've had it with these burger-flipping snakes in this burger-flipping van!
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I use the parking lot at Wal Mart, because there's usually lots of people around.

Yeah, I can see how that looks kinda shady . . .
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

My co-worker had one of those moments a little over a decade ago. Met an employee from another facility in the parking lot of a mall before it opened, jumped out of her car with a bag, ran over to the other car and handed it to the employee who then took off in a hurry.

We gave her so much grief for how it probably looked, but she had an excuse. This was the week of September 11, 2001. My co-worker had driven 4 hours to meet a rep from the manufacturing plant at a half-way point between the two facilities. It was the only way to get the payroll checks to them.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I've just realised I must have looked mightly suspicious a few years ago.

Hubby was away in South America on business and his trip had been extended. Unfortunately he didn't have enough meds with him so a colleague dropped by my work to pick some more up on his way out there. (Don't ask me how they were to get them past customs when they were marked with a different name.. I didn't think about it at the time and they managed it).

So from a viewers point of view this car comes into the little road we worked in and a girl runs out and hands a small package in the window to the driver... Doesn't sound too bad until you realised that the flats straight in front of my workplace were regularly raided for drug dealers!
                I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Back when I was in high school and lived in the boonies, and we had friends who lived north of the city, we decided to meet at a half way point (The mall) to buy concert tickets from him.

We knew exactly how shady it looked. Night time, empty parking lot, teenagers meeting an older (mid 20's guy) and exchanging money for an envelope. We even joked about it with our friend when he got there, with me in the passenger seat asking if he had the goods and him responding with asking if we had the cash.

Comment

Working...
                  X