View Single Post

Old 02-06-2019, 12:25 AM
Escapee

Quote:
Quoth XCashier View Post
Reminds me of The Nemesis at my old fabric store (undoubtedly, every store has at least one of these.) Now that I no longer work there, if I see her in the middle of one of her tirades, I will not hesitate to verbally tear her a well-deserved new one.
Ours was nicknamed the Witch, and I can still picture her in my mind. :/ It's funny, we sort of thought she had a twin who was nice, since there was a lady who looked just like her but was just a normal nice customer. In reality I'm sure it was the same lady, but he must have been very bi-polar or have some similar issue. It was so extreme that we knew right away if she was "the twin" or "the Witch." Her demeanor was like night and day.

Nowadays, with smartphones, I hardly ever need to ask advice from an employee but if I do, I pretty much just buy whatever they say. If I knew better, I wouldn't have asked. The only annoying thing is when I have a dumb question and my phone doesn't get reception. So I had to ask "are these sweet rolls?" And the bakery lady's like "???" because they were plain sandwich rolls, just named something I didn't recognize. It must have seemed like an odd question, lol. But I didn't want to risk buying them for sandwiches, then find out they're like cinnamon on the inside or something!