Thread: Politics
View Single Post

Old 02-03-2012, 01:03 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

They've got a point. Even -- or maybe "especially" -- on sites with no political agenda whatsoever like CS, even really innocuous things that could be interpreted as political/religious-related slights tend to blow up into massive flame wars at the drop of a hat. Also, because these things tend to be juuuust slightly divisive by their very nature, the resulting needless arguments can drive wedges between friends. I understand the need for caution. I've even seen stuff like this erupt into tsunami of flame on GameFAQs of all places >_<

Besides, I've said it before and I'll say it again: CS is arguably the most civil board I've ever posted on. I'd like to see it stay that way ^_^ I know that nobody here WANTS to start a flamewar, it's just that political and religious-type threads seem to wind up on fire inevitably anyway.
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis

"French is my favorite ... Especially to curse with ... It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it." The Merovingian, "The Matrix: Reloaded"
"Customers are like van Gogh. They intentionally remove their ears when it suits them." TheDangOofMan, Reddit