View Single Post

Old 01-06-2016, 12:04 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

A gentle bump by way of reminder. This issue has cropped up again in recent times.

edit:

Naturally, a question or two about this has cropped up. To clarify:

We're not talking about 100% imaginary situations such as the "Punish the SC Game" thread in Forum Games. We are talking about when a CS member posts about getting into a physical altercation with a customer, and it becomes a glorified tale of violence, members suggesting that they would have done so in another's place, or when other CS members suggest actual physical violence should have been used to deal with the customer. Violence happens, and there's no problem with sharing a story where it did occur, we just don't want it glorified and hero-worshipped. i.e. An honest, plain and simple account of a situation where violence happened to occur is fine; turning it into a grand tale of good vs evil is not.
"Customers are like van gogh. They intentionally remove their ears when it suits them." TheDangOofMan, Reddit
"Logic: sometimes it's not a thing." - Food Lady

Last edited by EricKei; 01-07-2016 at 01:24 PM.