This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The perils of the fish tank

Yesterday, I went to one of the many Thai massage places in town for a foot massage (they have a special deal on these massages when a certain chair is available for use). This massage place also has those tanks of fish into which you can dangle your feet so that the fish nibble away at the dead skin on your feet and legs. Two of the tanks are in the window, and the third is near the reception desk.

So, while I was waiting my turn for the foot massage, a couple came in and booked time for one of the fish tanks. The woman wanted to use the tank near the reception desk, but the employee told her that it was reserved, with the clients due to come in fairly soon. So, okay, they agreed to use one of the other tanks.

This is where the weirdness begins. The woman was wearing skinny jeans, and the employee said, "Will you be able to roll your trousers up?"

For some reason, the woman went off at this remark. She began speaking rapidly to her boyfriend (in Dutch, I think, but I'm not sure). He argued with her as he took off his shoes and socks. I moved away from both of them. The employee offered her a pair of shorts to change into, but she refused even to hear what the employee was saying, and she continued arguing with her boyfriend. I wondered if she was even aware of the employee's offer. She told the employee, at one point, that only he would use the fish tank, but then she argued with him again and tried to roll up the legs of her skinny jeans. It didn't work, of course (and she argued with him the whole time), and she refused the offer of the shorts.

The guy used the fish tank while she stood and argued with him. I wonder if he was seriously reconsidering their whole relationship.

It's a bit unkind, but I get the feeling she couldn't get back into her skinny jeans if she took 'em off. I guess when they made the round of being back in fad, they forgot the zippers we had in the 90's?
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
      It's a bit unkind, but I get the feeling she couldn't get back into her skinny jeans if she took 'em off. I guess when they made the round of being back in fad, they forgot the zippers we had in the 90's?
      Or they were painted on?

Strange that they wanted to have the fish pedicure but she had not dressed appropriately for it.
      It's not the years in you life that count, it's the life in your years! - Quote from the office coffee cup.

Comment

Wonder what would happen if they just switched out the fish in the tanks for pirranha.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          Wonder what would happen if they just switched out the fish in the tanks for pirranha.
          I know it's a joke but I have to answer this seriously.

Nothing. They fish would just wander around her legs. Piranha are rather like sharks, there needs to be an open wound in order for the feeding frenzy to start.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post

Nothing. They fish would just wander around her legs. Piranha are rather like sharks, there needs to be an open wound in order for the feeding frenzy to start.
            Party pooper!
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Party pooper!
              But... but you learned something today!

ISN'T LEARNING AWESOME!?

I mean, it's not like there aren't things in a salon/spa that could leave a tiny little cut on the SC before she sticks her legs in the water...
              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Wonder what would happen if they just switched out the fish in the tanks for piranha.
                Pukin' Piranha FTW!
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

She didn't put even a toe in the water - she couldn't roll up the legs of her jeans, and she wouldn't change into the shorts, so she stood there bitching at her boyfriend while he rolled up the legs of his jeans and put his feet in the tank.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post

Nothing like "accidentally" nicking their foot on a sharp edge as helping them to insert their foot in to the tank then.
                    Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

I've always wanted to do one of those fish foot massages. Sadly there are none near me.

Comment

Quoth Cecily View Post
                        Strange that they wanted to have the fish pedicure but she had not dressed appropriately for it.
                        I'm sure she expected the workers to change reality to account for her lack of foresight.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                        X