X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor old George...

Overheard at work today

Customer 1:'We could get George that nice model motorbike.It's very cheap,he loves motorbikes,it's his birthday soon and with the operation he's going to have it might cheer him up'.

Customer 2:'It is quite a serious operation-they'll have to put a pacemaker in. Apparently he might not survive it'.

Customer 1:'Well if he doesn't,we can bring it back and get a refund'.

Your friends really love you George....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

"And just how long is your return policy?..."
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I just ... wow ... I have no idea what to say to that.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Let alone the wisdom of putting a fresh heart-surgery patient on a motorbike....

Comment

It was a wooden mod of a motorbike no more than a foot high. If they'd tried to put him on it he'd have either crushed it or shrunk dramatically in surgery
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            It was a wooden mod of a motorbike no more than a foot high. If they'd tried to put him on it he'd have either crushed it or shrunk dramatically in surgery
            Oh, OK. careless reading.

Comment

Have to admit I missed that bit too. Still pretty hilarious, though: "We'll buy him a nice gift and if he doesn't survive his surgery, well, there's always a refund ..."
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
              X