This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Thank you for your great customer service"

I guess it's finally my turn to start getting the sucky ones. Lucky me.

I was running the front register during a rush. Woman comes up with a kid. She puts two drinks on the counter while the kid runs back to get a bag of candy. I ring up the two drinks and the bag of candy. After I finished the order, out of nowhere comes a theater box of candy. And that's where the trouble began.

Me: Oh, I didn't ring that up.
    Woman: Well, ring it up.
    I ring up the candy, transaction over.
    Me: Do you need a bag?
    Woman: Well, you don't expect me to carry all this out to my car?!?!?!?!?
    Me:
    Put stuff in bag and hand it over.
    Woman: Thank you for your great customer service.
    Me:

I told the manager to expect a phone call from this...person. Sure enough 15 minutes later she called. The manager was quiet for a long time listening then gave her some half-assed apology and hung up. Her story was that I was huffing and puffing while rolling my eyes. She had 6 items and I didn't want to give her a bag. I wouldn't be surprised if she went up the ladder to complain. Of course it will all be my fault because the customer is always right.

Then I take a phone call about photo. Woman is asking if we can print her a new canvas and use the same frame. I asked her if there was something wrong with the picture. She says no, it's from a few years ago and they updated the picture. I said there's no way we can reuse the frame.

We all know it was probably more than "a few" years ago and in that time we switched the process we use to make the canvases. Then she started asking about prices and of course I couldn't find them. I guess she didn't like my answer and said she'd check the website for the information.

And bonus sighting from the Home of the Whopper. I went there on my break and there's a woman at the counter with one sandwich and one empty wrapper. Apparently "he" ate the burger before realizing it was wrong and wanted a coupon. Manager says the only thing she can do is give her a new burger. I put my order in and went to get my drink so I didn't see everything but I think they gave her two new burgers. My order was done but I really want to hang around so we could all laugh and laugh at that idiot. Next time I go I'm go and complain and demand free food. And then we will laugh and laugh and laugh.
    Last edited by Trixie; 06-04-2018, 03:56 AM. Reason: Added plot points :)
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Little Audrey just laughed and laughed because *she* knew it wasn't beef either.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I once had a customer in drive through tell me they received the wrong sundae at *competitor* and asked if I could replace it for them for free.

Yes, she was serious.

Folks really do this crap.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        I once had a customer in drive through tell me they received the wrong sundae at *competitor* and asked if I could replace it for them for free.

Yes, she was serious.

Folks really do this crap.
        *twitch*

At "Gamestore", people would often be stunned to find we didn't offer the same price matching or return policies as Wal-Mart.

"But you're all the same!"

No. No, we are not.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

We had someone come through our drive through and order a coffee. They didn't realize we weren't the Burger King next door. There are two driveways into our parking lot one from the highway and one from the side street. The side street entrance has a sign but you have to drive around the big ass store to get to the home of the whopper.

Today at work the cashier answered the phone and there was a guy who wanted the number of the dentist office across the street. Because the store is right there and all. She gave him the name and told him to look it up on Google.

That was a new one on me. I guess it's still a good thing when stuff like this surprises me.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I'm using that as the label on my underpants.... 'Welcome to the home of the whopper'��
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
              ... 'Welcome to the home of the whopper'��
              P.S. It's cake.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                We had someone come through our drive through and order a coffee. They didn't realize we weren't the Burger King next door. There are two driveways into our parking lot one from the highway and one from the side street. The side street entrance has a sign but you have to drive around the big ass store to get to the home of the whopper.

Today at work the cashier answered the phone and there was a guy who wanted the number of the dentist office across the street. Because the store is right there and all. She gave him the name and told him to look it up on Google.

That was a new one on me. I guess it's still a good thing when stuff like this surprises me.
                Not new to me; I heard that back in the early 1980s. I was working in a restaurant, and someone called the restaurant and asked if the gas station up the street was open. I explained that the gas station wasn't visible from our building, and I wasn't going to walk around the building next door in the dark to see if it was. (I was more polite than this sounds.) The customer was polite about the whole thing, but it was one of those situations where everyone knew the name of our restaurant, but no one had any idea how to reach the gas station.

Comment

Working...
                X