This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can't read it, how do you expect me to

Once again on an install. Once again my plans are utter shite. Problem 1, they give a single page for the entire floor, rendering the print ridiculously small. This problem can be compensated with the use of my 50x magnifier. (A tool that I should absolutely, positively never have to use, yet always do). Problem 2, even after using said magnifier, the print is double, triple, quadruple printed, with lines drawn through it. Problem 3, even if I can read the small print, even if I can decipher the code through the idiotic multiple printing, then I have to take said code and cross reference it with my 100+ page packing slip to figure out what it is supposed to be.

The best solution for this is to have multiple drawings for each section, one for each install stage, so that the sizes are legible and the overlayed print doesn't happen. Another workaround is a 3D drawing, so that I can see what it will look like when built and figure it out that way. Of course I have none of this, so I call the vendor for some help.

He gave me that, it was part of the package
    No, you gave me a promotional view of a portion of a section, I need an actual 3D rendering of the whole project
    No, he doesn't have that
    Okay, can you tell me where the stack on go?
    No, he can't read the drawing.
    Yeah, that's kind of my issue as well
    Well this is what the CAD designer provided him with.
    Yeah, having someone to blame doesn't really solve a problem
    Okay, I'll go speak with her and try to get some answers.

Yet another moron getting paid a ridiculous salary to do nothing but forward some emails to different parties and pretend he's actually doing something useful. He flat out admits that the drawing can't be read, but has no solution. He finally did get back to me with an answer, but it's a question that I never should have asked if I were given useful information in the first place.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Boss

What is wrong with your boss. The second computer company I worked for made this type of mistake. ONCE ONLY! Our first big client.

After that all contracts clearly said that any extra work was chargeable, and if payments were not made as the work progressed than all work stopped until payment issues were sorted out.

Also the few possible clients who objected claiming they would pay after the job was done was told to meet the agreement or go elsewhere. That first client really burnt us and cost the company a lot of money so my bosses were not taking any gruff from then on.

Comment

"I talk to the customers so the engineers don't have to"

I have people skills!
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
        "I talk to the customers so the engineers don't have to"

I have people skills!
        Are you jumping to conclusions?
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
          Yeah, having someone to blame doesn't really solve a problem.
          I can borrow, please?

Comment

Working...
          X