Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the US and work food service. Regulations in my area say we have 2 options. We are allowed to handle food if it will be heated or cooked after we touch it. We have to wear gloves to touch anything that is considered "ready to eat". OR....we can institute a double handwashing policy. Which means soap, rinse, soap, rinse, dry and means no jewelry or nail polish at all...ever.

I work in a pretty small place and part of my job is feeding the staff. My boss laughs when I glove up for that. He says he has been eating my germs for this long, no need to change now.

Comment

Regarding the OP, I’ve seen that exact thing... I didn’t complain at the time, but I was unsurprised when that loaf went to mold within 2 days. Normally they last 2 weeks on the counter, depending on how carefully I handle them myself. That’s why I normally buy pre-sliced loaves—whoever handles those is clearly following proper protocol.

Comment

Considering the title of this thread...

I take a pile of whitish glop and put it into my oven. I wait a while and out comes a loaf of tasty bread. Looks like magic to me.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

And in the old days the glop baked into hard lumps unless some magic fairy dust was sprinkled on it as it was being mixed.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
          X