Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you have worked too long in retail when...(game?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you've been spending too much time at the office when you walk into your home, and the cat looks at you as if to say, who are you and what are you doing in my house?
    Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

You know you've been in retail too long when.

You go and get ready and go into work. Only to find out that you're not even scheduled to work that day.
      Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

You know you've been marking too long when you have not only the solution memorized, but three or four of the most common wrong answers. (We carry mistakes through to give part marks).

Comment

You know you've been in retail too long when you start actually dreaming you're at work. (this happened to me for a few months when I first started at old store. It became worse when I was ON the antidepressants, then when I came off, they went away altogether)
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
            You know you've been in retail too long when you start actually dreaming you're at work. (this happened to me for a few months when I first started at old store. It became worse when I was ON the antidepressants, then when I came off, they went away altogether)
            Done that. The most interesting one thus far was when I was at work with no pants on, and nobody seemed to notice.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

You know you have been in Tier 2 tech support to long is when your Mom calls you up with a computer problem, and the frist thing you do is ask for a ticket number.
              Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

You know you've been in the call center too long when you can read the previous account notes in under 30 seconds, and already have worked out a solution to the problem or prepared a denial in the time it takes the customer to verify their account number and name.

You know you've been with the company too long when your first supervisor who was pretty hot at the time of hire, now actually looks like your old crazy aunt.
                Last edited by r2cagle; 02-24-2010, 09:43 PM.
                Make a list of important things to do today.
                At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

You know you've been working in retail/customer service too long when someone walks toward you and all you can think is, "Please, go away; I can't do prison."
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

You know you've been making too many keys in retail when you hear any keys jingling down the aisles and drop whatever you're doing to run over and pre-scan the keys to see if you can do them or not.

You know you're working retail too long when (Again) you dream you're at work, and you think nothing of the fact that nobody knows where the heck anything is, including yourself.

You know you're working retail too long when you advertise your store outside of work just so you'll get people you already know in the store instead of just strangers.
                    Last edited by ShadowTiger; 03-08-2010, 02:50 AM.
                    SC: "Are you new or something?"
                    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

you know you've been in retail too long when:

- you know all the phrases by heart and have made up your own to break the monotony

- know more about how to fix the SCO than your manager (new manager was still learning but still)

- can point of the people that "can't stand self check out" but still use it even when there are plenty of cashiers

- have made friends with even the grumpiest of customers cause you put up with their bs and you know they are just bs-ing around

- the "meanest" yet frequent customer asks for you by name because only you could handle her. (the one day she came to the store was her one day out of the week to come here and everyone else broke her routine)

Comment

When you dream about work, get in trouble in that dream. Then when you wake up to go to work you don't want to go and have to deal with the manager, because you don't realize it was a dream at first.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        You know you've worked in retail too long when you find yourself straightening the shelves at other stores while you're shopping.
                        This, I have done this. Many times.

Quoth LexiaFira View Post
                        - know more about how to fix the SCO than your manager (new manager was still learning but still)
                        Or you call the SCO's support center and when they tell you to try x, y, znd z. You tell them not only have you tried that, you've also done A-w as well, and they're surprised you knew to do that......I know too much...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                          -you know exactly how to do most duties that are above you, even though you haven't been promoted (i.e. count drawers, do overrides etc.)
                          Check.
                          Also constantly do the straightening other stores' inventories... (might be a bit OCD, not really sure, caught myself debating cleaning the spray bottle the cleaner is in tonight because it looked like someone let soda spill on it and dry)
                          You know you've been in retail too long when: you are willing to help customers at other stores that you don't work at, but do frequent, even though you won't be getting paid for helping.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

You know you've worked in call centers for too long if you feel weird without having a headset on when you're on a personal phone.

You know you've worked in call centers for too long if you accidentally spew out the company's opening greeting when somebody calls you on your personal phone.
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

you know you have worked in retail too long when

1) yo go to walmart and want to straighten shelves
                              2) when at home and you wanna make a phone call you keep on trying to push 9 first then realize you arent at work
                              3) you dream about work, and what needs to get done

Comment

you know you worked in retail to long when....

Customers ask you questions outside of work....... i was out to dinner w/ about 20 people and some guy came to our table to ask me about my store(grrrr)

when some says you look familar and the 1st answer out of your is where you work

Comment

Working...
                                X