This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weirdest stuff happens on the deadest nights

It's Stupid Bowl tonight, so of course it's a ghost town in here. Yet, 2 weird things happened: a lit candle was found on an endcap in stationery (yes, by all the paper items), and a box containing a holiday turkey--still frozen!--was found in our parking lot. cue Twilight Zone music....
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

twilight zone music indeed. most freaky

Comment

Who invited the Superfreak? I certainly didn't.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Sounds like fun. I'll bring the stuffing!
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Well its pretty simple. The turkey left the candle burning as a distraction while it snuck out the door Solid Snake style in the box.
          Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
          Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Quoth terakhan View Post
            Well its pretty simple. The turkey left the candle burning as a distraction while it snuck out the door Solid Snake style in the box.
            Now that was original.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth terakhan View Post
              except, we don't sell turkeys.... o_O

Comment

In that case its more worrisome. Because that means the Turkey was collaborating with an insider, and the candle was the signal to act, but you caught the Turkey too soon for the plan to go into action.
                Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

...except that the turkey found it's way outside somehow. The cart guy found it in the parking lot. Had it been there since Thanksgiving?

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    except, we don't sell turkeys.... o_O
                    ...no, but you sell things *to* turkeys
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                      QFT, and

Comment

<...>and a box containing a holiday turkey--still frozen!--was found in our parking lot. cue Twilight Zone music....
                        You should have reported it to the TSA (Turkey Security Administration). It probably had exploding paper panties, or anthrax stuffing, or a plastique button that pops out when it's "done".
                        P*S

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          Quoth Plague*Star View Post
                          You should have reported it to the TSA (Turkey Security Administration). It probably had exploding paper panties, or anthrax stuffing, or a plastique button that pops out when it's "done".
                          P*S
                          you two owe me an ice cream sandwich
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

The special just get more special for you, don't they, F L?
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

...except that the turkey found it's way outside somehow. The cart guy found it in the parking lot. Had it been there since Thanksgiving?
                              Perhaps a victim of a turkey drop you were somehow not made aware of?

"As God is my witness...I thought turkeys could fly."
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X