Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a Christmas Card exchange this year?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me in Now y'all have to go and buy a pesky international stamp! If we need someone to run it then l don't mind doing it....(vote for me!)
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Recalling some of Kit-Ginevra's postings on this forum, I might have to send them a special card this year.

Hmmm...

The more I think about it, the more I like that idea.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

If a card gets impounded by Customs, I shall not be to blame....
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I'm in. We often have fun with this. Moreover, Mrs. TGK found a batch of cards I bought in a previous year for this.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            If a card gets impounded by Customs, I shall not be to blame....
            Maybe I should include an extra copy for them.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

Pff. Haaah. I mean, nobody here would EVER do something like thaaaaaat, right?

*whistles innocently*
              There was the year that I sent out cards that were primarily glitter...

I wonder if I still have any of those around?

*goes searching in my storage bins*

Comment

I think I was still finding glitter from your cards until fairly recently.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I'm amazed no-one's accused either of us of owning stock in vacuum cleaner companies yet

I still remember fondly the year I sent out cards where I drew something (a kanji, maybe??) in glitter glue inside them.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ooh, if I have time, I might include a little papercraft "gift" in my cards. With or without glitter.
                    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

I'm game! My girls would love to see the cards

Comment

Sign me up.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I think I bought some Star Wars themed cards for this year, I'm hoping I have enough for everyone that signs up since I had only managed to find one pack.
                          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working on getting things put into place. We'll post the usual sticky thread once we're ready to rock. We'll link the event thread in here once it's up.

If you know any other members who might be interested, feel free to refer them to this thread for updates.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                              Depends. Are we licking stamps?
                              No licking!

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                              AT the risk of sounding dumb, is the person who was running this in the last few years not around now?
                              I'm still around. Sometimes. Not so much lately, apparently.

Watch this space. Well, not this particular space. The Off Topic space. Instructions will magically appear sometime this evening (Eastern USA time).
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I may try my hand at making cards this year I've got lots of time (and maybe glitter...) on my hands!

Comment

Working...
                                X