This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SpyOne View Post
    So, my Knowledge roll must have succeeded, marginally.
    DC 25, I think you rolled 22...

GK, have you posted any OH SHIT, COMMIES woman lately? Has she been MIA? Did she get drug to the frozen northland barren from which there is no hope for return... at least, WE hope they don't return?
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Skandranon View Post
      Also amusing, the US area code 867 is also in north Georgia.
      I thought that was TN, around Chattanooga actually. I'm near Dalton and it's 706-land.
      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
        Do you get any non crazy calls on that line ?

Or is that why they farmed it out to the call centre - and they have some other method of contact for the saner people ?
        It's extremely rare and when it does happen it always throws me for a loop. Because when a real call does come in its always some high ranking military or police officer. When they introduce themselves I always assume its some nutjob so I'm sitting there thinking "Suuuure you're the chief of police, mhmmm." ><

I only take their calls when their office is closed. So I assume they put up with this shit all day during the day. I can't imagine what they put up with when their switchboard is actually open.

Then there's the OMG TERRORIZTZ factor. After 9/11 the account directions were updated to basically say I am to contact the feds and send them after anyone, ANYONE, regardless of how crazy they sound, if they make ANY threat to the US, its people or its foreign interests.

I've only had to do that once in 5 years.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
          <shiver> Clowns....

When you're down here with us....

YOU'LL FLOAT TOO!
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Sorry, nothing compares to Killer Klowns ><

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
              I thought that was TN, around Chattanooga actually. I'm near Dalton and it's 706-land.
              No dear, that's 423 (my area code for my cell)

Gravekeeper, if you get 281 or 713, hang up quick! Houstonian people are crazy!
              Last edited by Evil Queen; 06-04-2008, 01:31 AM.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
                Hrm. Can't really comment on the cavity searches, but I do have to wonder: why are folks so afraid of clowns? My girlfriend is petrified of 'em for some unknown reason - provides endless laughs for me when I use that against her.
                Because clowns aren't funny. They're tragic. And even if it seems that a circus is run by the ringmaster, it's only by the consent of clowns. Plus, clowns are EVIL.
                "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                  Because clowns aren't funny. They're tragic. And even if it seems that a circus is run by the ringmaster, it's only by the consent of clowns. Plus, clowns are EVIL.
                  Right, hasn't Chucky Finster taught us anything?
                  I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                  In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth Umingmaq View Post
                    666 - I had the choice of this for my cell phone prefix. Makes it easy to remember, and keeps those pesky evangelical telemarketers from calling.
                    My cell # ends in 666. I'm a magician. I get a lot of amusing and varied reactions to those two facts making themselves evident.

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                    Northern Georgia IS by Chattanooga, though not IN Tennessee, by definition, it being Georgia and all.

Sorry, nothing compares to Killer Klowns ><
                    Yes, John Wayne Gacy agrees.

Now, myself I have never been afraid of clowns, but I do kind of get why some people are. Especially since they discovered how many people Pogo the Clown, aka John Wayne Gacy, had killed. Killer Klown indeed.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

i fear no clowns, unless they are in mass, then they freak the hell out of me
                      and again 0.8 kilos is 1.76 pounds

Comment

The caller’s on this line are seriously nipping upon the heels of and about to eclipse <867 client> for sheer late night idiocy.
                        you know, it wasn't up until just recently I realized how much I hate calls from people from 404... i blame these posts in part for making me realize what hell I go through.
                        Last edited by Boozy; 06-12-2008, 12:56 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
                          Hrm. Can't really comment on the cavity searches, but I do have to wonder: why are folks so afraid of clowns? My girlfriend is petrified of 'em for some unknown reason - provides endless laughs for me when I use that against her. ?
                          ask a 12 year old whos read stephen kings IT about clowns
                          This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                          my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
                            "Would you like a balloon, Wild Bill? They float! We all float down here..."

I love that book. It and The Stand: Unabridged are probably my favorite books by him.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I remember vividly when ABC showed It on television - it was a two-night event. I was..7 or 8 or somesuch. I innocently wandered down to my sister's room while she was watching the movie, and went running and screaming back to the living room a few short minutes later. I can't remember what I saw, but it scared the living daylights out of me.

Oh...Tim Curry. I prefer you in fishnets any day of the week.

At any rate, yes clowns=scary, and I think for my generation, Stephen King's It has a lot to do with that fear. If you want a truly strange circus movie though, I recommend Freaks.

RE: 404 - I would think that Atlanta would be slightly more 'urban-ized' than the rest of the state and less redneck-y. Of course, I'm from Arkansas, so I wouldn't even blink at seeing dirtcaked people in camo eating at a restaurant.

Oh, if you ever get calls from 479 - hang up, be as rude as possible, transfer them to Nunavet. Because that's NW Arkansas ("WalMart/Tyson County") - the source of all that is evil in the world. These are the people who think it's appropriate to make pig calls at sporting events. Run Away.
                              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
                                How can everyone forget about Poltergeist with the Clown doll under the bed?

CH
                                Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Working...
                                X