Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this rate he will fire himself though. You just know he'll go apeshit over something--every little thing will probably bug him now.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Quoth Seanette View Post
      OTOH, looks like he's digging that smoking crater for his career steadily deeper.
      This crater will be say the size of the Chixalue crater (off the central American coast about 130 miles wide)
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• Or it'll be like Tunguska - he'll dig himself a hole so fast that when it collapses on him, they won't even be able to *find* the hole.

Comment

• Update.

Just got a call from the attorney for the state.

They've finished drafting the settlement agreement. It's gone to the Director for approval.

Once he signs off on it (expected tomorrow or Thursday), I can go in and sign it and formally settle this whole affair.

Comment

• Hopefully everything will be to your liking. Will you have someone legal there to look it over first?

Comment

• Quoth silverstaff View Post
              Apparently word of the settlement must have reached my former boss this morning. She overheard him in the hall, rather upset, griping to my former supervisor that I was getting my job back. He was clearly not happy about it, he was apparently on the edge of a tantrum at the news.

Only now I have a picture of your ex-sup going all Frank Burns on us.

"Na na na na na na! It's my promotion MINE!"

Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

• Oh god please let the git have a Frank Burns meltdown!
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Today's update in this saga.

I got another call from the attorney.

Apparently this deal needs sign-off from people throughout the state government. She didn't know just how much sign-off was needed, because this is a pretty unusual set of events.

So, the Director has signed off on it.

Then it went to the Senior Counsel for that entire branch of state gov, and he signed off on it.

Now it's gone to the state government's HR branch's legal division for approval, and when *that* comes in, they say it'll be ready for me to sign.

From the sound of it, this has to be approved by a number of lawyers in different offices, on top of the Director. I guess this sort of thing doesn't come up very often.

In any case, I've got a 3-day National Guard drill this weekend, starting on Friday morning, so I'll probably go and sign the agreement early next week.

Comment

• I have a feeling someone may be fired after everything is said and done...

Comment

• We can only hope, Sandy
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Quoth Sandman View Post
                        I have a feeling someone may be fired after everything is said and done...
                        After all this much trouble I would certainly hope so. And even if not you know they have a bulls-eye permanently mounted on their back...

Comment

• Quoth Sandman View Post
                          I have a feeling someone may be fired after everything is said and done...
                          I am wondering about that. Now, my former boss is off his probationary period, and is protected rather strongly, so it would take a LOT of paperwork to fire him, and hearings ect.

. . .and I'm wondering if the evidence in this case and this entire mess is being processed now by the Director and lawyers as the start of such a paper trail to terminate or demote him.

It would account for the explosive reaction he had to the news of the settlement too, if he was told at the same time that due to the settlement and its costs to the agency and the violations of the law he caused that they are trying to fix, that they are going to start the paperwork to demote or terminate him.

It would be long paperwork, and very involved paperwork and take 6 months to a year to do it. . .but they could start it, and the Director of the agency sending the file on my issue to the senior counsel for that entire branch of the government would be a way to start the process.

Comment

• Having worked for the gov't for a while, I can say that "violations of the law" is just about the only way for a Federal government employee to be fired. Mere incompetence certainly isn't a reason, and costing the Agency (and the taxpayers) money is almost what they are there to do anyway.

But if you break the law, that is greatly frowned upon and can very easily result in termination.
                            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• It's a week later, still waiting on the call from the attorney to go sign the final deal.

I'm hoping they didn't run into any snags at the last level of approval, or that the budget cuts our state government is facing are making the settlement harder to approve.

If I don't hear anything by this afternoon I'm seriously thinking about calling the attorney to check on what's happening.

Comment

• Definitely call, squeaky wheel gets the grease
                                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
                                X