This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy's law needs to be overturned

Beginning of December. Balls deep in the busiest shopping season of the year. Among other things we are supposed to be taking down all our Christmas stuff from upstairs and pushing it to the floor.

So of course the forklift picks today to fry its circuit board.

And naturally, the repair company doesn't have the required parts in stock so they have to order them--but not before corporate okays the expense to fix the damn thing. We could be without the forklift for a week.

So anything we need to bring or take down from upstairs has to be done by hand or by the conveyor belts which don't work worth a shit anyway. We'll have to do at least two trucks without the forklift.

Oh, and before anybody asks about a loaner--not a fucking chance. The last time the forklift was gone for extensive repairs we didn't get a loaner, and we had to undergo a big backroom re-arrangement project. We didn't get to put it off for lack of a forklift. Corporate isn't going to spend that kind of money on a store that isn't making sales.

FMJ. I wish I was dead.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Would it be better if you 'pulled a back muscle such that you couldn't work'?
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

has to be done by hand
      I feel your pain. seriously.

That's the primary way of taking on stores on my first ship. (which ironically was the youngest of all the ones i've been on). the amount we had to move determined the size of the "working party". (yeah what a party!).

i hope you get your fork lifts back soon.
      *hands you a nice relaxing drink... and some muscle relaxants*

hmm speaking of muscle relaxants... maybe if you take some they'll pull you off the working party. hurt my back on one once, took some flexoril and one of the supervisors found out and pulled me off the party. and when she found out i was going on leave later that day she got really worried - until she found out i was taking a cab to the air port. shouldn't drive or do heavy work on that stuff. (not that i took it to get out of the party tho... my back was just sore)
      Last edited by PepperElf; 12-07-2010, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X