Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgusting TV is Disgusting (image heavy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
    Trust me,Edgewood is NOT green,pretty & humid right now,it's pretty much never humid here (currently 12%,I've seen it as low as 3%!!!)

I've seen 100s of houses in the east mountains,including some really,really funky places over the last 15 years (I've worn a mask & gloves in some places),spiders,centipedes,rattlesnakes yes,but neither me nor my fellow Realtors have ever seen a cockroach,even in Carnuel.
    It's green on google maps.
    But then it's also claiming that the bay off Flour Bluff in Corpus Christi is pretty and clear and blue and last time I check it WASN'T (dammit!).

I'd sacrifice a GOAT for 12% humidity right now (and then eat that goat. What? I forgot lunch).

I wonder why you see the roaches down here but not up there.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
      Dude, they were BAD this year. I'm in Central Florida too and I had to really keep on top of their nests on the front lawn. Oddly, the outside cats will lay on them without a care in the world...
      I was worried about my cat (who is an indoor cat) when they got in the house but she didn't seem bothered, fortunately.

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
      Fire ants? are they like carpenter ants?
      They're smaller (most the size of regular black ants) and red in color, but their sting is tremendously painful - thus the "fire" - and leaves a small bump...or worse if you have an intolerance to their bites, like my husband, who will get huge welts. They also attack in swarms if you disturb their nests, and their have been some very tragic cases involving people (livestock too) being killed by them. Nasty, awful things. Linky to info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_ant
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Trust me,Edgewood is NOT green,pretty & humid right now,it's pretty much never humid here (currently 12%,I've seen it as low as 3%!!!)
        Especially considering that literally half the state's on fire. One of the local news broadcasts said that in the last 24 hours, there have been reports of 24 new fires. Luckily, those have been small and put out quickly.

I've seen 100s of houses in the east mountains,including some really,really funky places over the last 15 years (I've worn a mask & gloves in some places),spiders,centipedes,rattlesnakes yes,but neither me nor my fellow Realtors have ever seen a cockroach,even in Carnuel.
        Really? I've got a friend that lives in Edgewood and they do, from time to time, see roaches.

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
        There's a lot of pine/evergreens over there. And it depends on when the image was taken. The image of my friends house I was just looking at has snow on the ground. Now considering that we haven't had anything resembling precipitation in the area since, oh, February....
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Eh...

You guys in home theater have it easy. Try working in IT. You haven't lived till you've had to chisel a computer off the floor because it's stuck there with of buildup of, well, you don't really want to know. And that's all before you get inside the computer.

http://www.hogatv.com/wp-content/upl..._1-290x217.jpg
          http://i0.lulzimg.com/i/53e43e22.jpg
          http://regmedia.co.uk/2009/11/12/ventblockers_mice.jpg

Comment

Quoth Stryker One
            You guys in home theater have it easy. Try working in IT. You haven't lived till you've had to chisel a computer off the floor because it's stuck there with of buildup of, well, you don't really want to know. And that's all before you get inside the computer.

http://www.hogatv.com/wp-content/upl..._1-290x217.jpg
            http://i0.lulzimg.com/i/53e43e22.jpg
            http://regmedia.co.uk/2009/11/12/ventblockers_mice.jpg
            Oh. My. Gods.
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Given the disgusting condition of the apartment I had just out of college, I shudder to think how many of those dead guys were in the Hitachi I had at the time. I really had to keep everything in the kitchen sealed in zip lock bags.

I moved when I woke up one morning to find a roach trapped in my beard. (and yes, I had slept in my bed.)
              "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
              .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

No, no...that first one's Okay, right? ~_~ Despite all of the cigs and cig boxes around, they have a plastic cover over the keyboard...Granted, it's filthy, but...>_>
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  Really? I've got a friend that lives in Edgewood and they do, from time to time, see roaches.
                  I want to dance around yelling something about validation but that would be immature.

Oh, wait, I AM immature!

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                    But then it's also claiming that the bay off Flour Bluff in Corpus Christi is pretty and clear and blue and last time I check it WASN'T (dammit!).

I'd sacrifice a GOAT for 12% humidity right now (and then eat that goat. What? I forgot lunch).

I wonder why you see the roaches down here but not up there.
                    I'll send you about half our humidty because I think that would put you around 40% or so....

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                      I'll send you about half our humidty because I think that would put you around 40% or so....
                      Do that and I SWEAR not to drool on you next time you have bacon.

....okay, I lied. Of course I'll drool on you anyhow. But I'll follow you home and hide under your porch because I love you.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                        Fire ants? are they like carpenter ants?
                        Entomological answer:

Fire ants are the American common names of two introduced species of ant from South America.

The species best know is the Red Imported Fire Ant (RIFA), Solenopsis invicta. Nests can be polygyne or monogyne. Individuals tend to appear red/brown. An ant trail will consist of workers and soldiers.

Being stung by a RIFA will cause a painful welt with a boil in the center. Individuals are capable of stinging more than once.

The second species is the Black Imported Fire Ant (BIFA), Solenopsis richterri.
                        Indiviuals are uniformly black.
                        The BIFA tends to have a smaller range, and there is much debate as to whether or not this is a true separate species or a subspecies of RIFA. The sting is painful and results in a bone deep itching as well as inflamation and pain.

Rarely mentioned in popular literature is the fertile hybrid between a RIFA and a BIFA.

Multiple stings of either species or the hybrid can result in anaphalectic shock and death if immediate medical assistance is not rendered.

/Entomological Response

Yes, I have worked with both species and the hybrid in a lab setting. I was just happy I was only running tests on them and not dealing with them in colony form.

Any description of the effects of the sting is my own experience. Individuals may react differently.

Comment

Oh, sweet jesus, IS THAT A MUMMIFIED FROG?!?!?!

Comment

Honestly, it's quite possible for an otherwise clean home to end up with bugs in the electronics, particularly if there is some form of ingress for them near where said electronics are kept. I had a friend move into an apartment complex that was riddled with roaches. It wouldn't matter how well any of the tenants kept their apartments, 'cause the place was nasty outside.

And, for those of you dealing with insect incursions, I have yet to find anything that is as awesome for dealing with them as Sevin. I use the Dust form, myself. As long as it doesn't get wet, it'll stop pretty much any incursion. Be aware that it kills all invertebrates, both good and bad, and you shouldn't use it around waterfowl breeding grounds.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh dear!!!

I get that a lot at my work, (I unpack returned/faulty EFTPOS machines) and so many of them are just beyond filthy and the smell of roach pee is disgusting and unmistakable!

The really bad ones I look up in the system to see where they came from, because if it's a local restaurant I plan never to eat there! You'd be suprised how many of them are from restaurants/cafes/take aways... Can you imgaine eating your meal and then going to pay for it, only to be handed a machine that looks like someone wiped their butt on?

Seriously people, it takes two seconds to wipe down an EFTPOS machine.. 2!!

I can only imagine how disgusting this persons house is, I'll be dammned if I could get a wink of sleep in that place!
                              "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

Honestly, it's quite possible for an otherwise clean home to end up with bugs in the electronics

It's not uncommon to find one or two, especially in older TVs. It happens. I've been here a year and have never seen a TV this riddled.
                                "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Working...
                                X