X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sardonic Salutations

Hey all,

Yes, I’m new, hence the posting to this area of the forum.

The handle is Sardonic Silence, but feel free to shorten it as you like (SS is fine, not to mention possibly more accurate in some ways).

I’ve a friend somewhere on this board (though for the life of me couldn’t remember the username associated) who suggested my numerous service related snarks could be put to use in entertaining others who have similar annoyances.

Insofar as introductions go, I’ve dealt with customers since before I graduated high school.

My first job (which started in high school) was a food service one. Once I escaped the clutches of secondary, I soon switched to graveyard shifts (11 pm to 7 am). Needless to say, that kind of shift brings the entertaining people out of the woodwork. I’ll likely be posting up a few older gems from this line of work as time goes by.

My second job was also food service, though in a different aspect. I went from all around employee to a prep cook and occasional scullery type. This lasted about 3 months before I moved to a different city, though also provided some level of interest as far as stories go.

Next came a retail job in a department store. I still work here, once in a while, to maintain a discount on big ticket items. I started off in men’s fashions, as a stock/maintenance associate, and did this for about 6 months before being transferred to a cashier position. Now, not a lot changed, as I still did maintenance/stocking, but also handled returns/exchanges/miscellaneous shit.

Currently, my primary employer is a multi-media communications company. Not going to mention names, of course, as regardless of crap, I enjoy the position. I started three months ago (give or take) as Internet Technical Support and have since been trained in Digital Cable Technical Support as well. So yeah, I fix the internet and your TV. What I can’t fix is retardation, ignorance, and idiocy, which are the primary problems in this line of work.

Looking forward to meeting you,

-Sardonic Silence
    No, IT does not stand for 'Ignorance Tolerant'...

You seem really familiar...do you post on any other forums?
    "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
    - H. Beam Piper

Comment

to

Sorry, lost my focus yesterday and didn't see you.

I like good snark, and can't wait to hear your tales with amusement. Come on in, sit down... partake of snacks...
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Fire_on_High,

I'm a member of one other forum, truth told, and it's a writing based one.

Not sure if you'd have seen me, it's fairly niche stuff.

r2cagle,

Thanks for the welcome. If anyone was remiss, I didn't notice, so thanks muchly. I'll start posting up some tales of client based terror soon enough.
        Last edited by Sardonic Silence; 06-17-2010, 05:12 AM. Reason: Typo!

Comment

Hey! You finally signed up! Now the world will know your retail wrath!!!
          "I am nothing if not an equal opportunity asshole." -Gravekeeper

"F**k you and your tie." -Jester

Comment

I have wrath? Heh, when did that happen?

Comment

Quoth Sardonic Silence View Post
              I have wrath? Heh, when did that happen?
              Sometimes sarcasm feels like wrath?
              Make a list of important things to do today.
              At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
              Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post
                Sometimes sarcasm feels like wrath?
                Maybe the cutting tongue is being referenced. *shrugs* Either way, I need to post up some more stories soon.

Comment

Working...
                X