Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some forums not allow me to post new threads?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some forums not allow me to post new threads?

Just wondering if it's a post count threshold or what...a couple of the forums I like say I can't post new threads but I can reply, edit, etc. Thanks in advance :-)
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Different pieces have different rules. For instance, the Jokes forum requires that all of them go through moderation.

Which forums are giving you the problems?

Comment

Forum Games is one of them...will let you know if I find any others Thanks!
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Games is one where we don't allow new threads started. It doesn't get as much traffic generally, but we encourage people to start games in OT where they will probably gain more interest and if they get going well enough we move them to Games where they can flourish.

Rapscallion

Comment

Raps - thanks for the explanation, makes perfect sense. I think there was one other forum I couldn't post to but I'll reply here if I come across it again.

Comment

War Stories doesn't allow members to post, Literary and Art don't allow replies. The last two are for people to show off their work, it's not intended as a criticism area to detract from someone's efforts.

Rapscallion

Comment

FTR - most of the forums have a "how it works" sticky that explains what's going on.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Arctic Chicken - yeah, I should probably learn how to read

Raps - I don't frequent those boards, but thanks for the info. I remember way back in the old Mr. Slugger days, I loved the War Stories

Comment

Working...
                X