This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a nerve bundle in the armpit.

Being a female, in the proper dance hold position, your thumb is a -very- short distance from that nerve bundle.

One of my dance teachers (yes, a male) showed me that. And told me that if I EVER have trouble with a dance partner, I am not to hesitate to use it.

It's not a likely situation to be in if you don't socially dance - but the dance position does put the female in an otherwise vulnerable pose. So if you have a lot of weddings coming up or anything like that, you might want to find a dance teacher who believes in safety....

Long story short: HELL NO, he had no right to grab you for a 'waltz' in the first place. And dancing with someone is not permission - implied or explicit - to dirty-dance with them.

Said dance teacher above could make a tango very intense, very erotic to watch, and yet very safe-feeling. I could do it with him without ever feeling like he'd go one step beyond what the dance steps themselves required. The only way he'd touch anything other than shoulder and small of the back was if I started to fall and he was catching me.
    But oh boy was it fun to dance.

And THAT is what dance should be. (except when dancing with one's beloved - and even then, privacy!)
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
      Said dance teacher above could make a tango very intense, very erotic to watch, and yet very safe-feeling.
      I always thought the above description was the best type of dancing with the real emotions existing in the eyes and faces of the dancers.

But if the old man had gotten his fingers broken then and there, I would have had no problem with that.

Comment

I hate being touched, save by certain people. And only Fiance ever touches me in private places. So that old man would have been on the floor, cuz I would probably have panicked and punched him in the face. Seriously, it frightens me when my bubble is invaded.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
        X