X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    Just to clarify:

I'm doing the contract checking thing, and all being well the forum should switch hands at the end of February and ... not lose any content. There'll be a new owner, I'll be hanging on as advisor/admin, and intend to be around for quite some time after. In the unlikely event that everything falls through, I have several other interested parties who are offering something similar.

I can't see this place going anywhere.

Rapscallion
    Excellent news.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• Thank you, Raps, for everything you've done. Thank you for all of your hard work, for keeping the fire going after Mr. Slugger, and for passing it on to someone who'll do a good job continuing to keep this site alive, for all of us in customer service who need a safe place to vent.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Thank you!!

Comment

• Thank you for everything you've done! I hope that this works out and this place stays around! I may not be the most active poster but this place has been a huge support for me for several years now and would definitely miss the Christmas list.

Comment

• Song 2 style...

WOO HOO! WOO HOO!

Great news Raps. I'm happy you're getting what you want and we're getting what we want, namely the continued existence of this site.

Thanks for all you have done and will continue to do for this place!
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              I don't like change.
              In that case, I'm sure someone would be glad to take a $100 bill if you want to buy a pack of gum.

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
              Surprisingly often, that idea that seems so unique to the latest bestseller, turns out to have made a prior appearance in Jules Verne or H.G. Wells, if not some medieval romance or even ancient mythology.
              Classic fairytale plot: Beautiful Princess is being held captive by Evil Sorceror. Farm Boy hears her plea for help. With help from Ancient Mystic and Rogue With Heart of Gold, Farm Boy rescues Beautiful Princess. They get married and live happily ever after. (screech of needle across record) WTF? They don't get married - but instead they find out they're brother and sister? How did George Lucas manage to mangle that?

Also, somebody ought to sue that Shakespeare dude for plagiarism. After all, the plot of Romeo and Juliet is ripped off from West Side Story.

Quoth Skrae View Post
              Looks like I picked a poor time to return!
              [Airplane]Looks like I picked a poor time to quit sniffing glue [/Airplane]
              Last edited by wolfie; 02-01-2016, 02:06 AM. Reason: Added material
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Wow. Its been years since I first joined. I've met some awesome people and made some real friends. I haven't been as active (or active at all really lately) but I get on to read and laugh and cry with most of you. I am glad that will likely not change.

Raps, (and Mods and everyone really) Thank you for all that you have done over the years. Sometimes I honestly don't know how I would have gotten through some days without CS and it's wonderful forum goers. <3 <3 <3
                Last edited by Amina516; 02-01-2016, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• WHOOOO! *glomps on Raps*

Comment

• HOOORAAAAYYYY!!! Thank you!!!!

Comment

• Oh, the relief!

Comment

• Three cheers for Raps and our impending new overlords!

Hip, hip--!
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• --Hooray!

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          WTF? They don't get married - but instead they find out they're brother and sister? How did George Lucas manage to mangle that?
                          Lucas obviously wanted the Princess to hook up with the Rogue With a Heart of Gold to shake things up, so of course he had to nip in the bud any chances of her ending up with Farm Boy.

I know I've recently mentioned people thinking a book from the late 70's/early 80's was ripping off Harry Potter. I do think I may have heard an anecdote about someone actually accusing Romeo and Juliet of ripping off West Side Story before, mentioned by my professor in college when we covered the pair of them in Humanities. I wouldn't be surprised to find similar accusations of Hamlet stealing ideas from The Lion King.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

• Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                            I wouldn't be surprised to find similar accusations of Hamlet stealing ideas from The Lion King.
                            I'm sure there are people out there who accuse Kimba the White Lion of ripping off LK, as well
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                              Lucas obviously wanted the Princess to hook up with the Rogue With a Heart of Gold to shake things up, so of course he had to nip in the bud any chances of her ending up with Farm Boy.
                              The bit about them being brother and sister wasn't introduced into series canon with the original movie (IIRC, it was introduced in RotJ, where Han asked Leia if she cared for Luke (implying that he'd step aside to avoid interfering in their relationship), and was extremely happy with her response "Of course I care for him - he's my brother".

In the novel "Splinter of the Mind's Eye", certain plot elements would not make sense (except to stereotyped Rednecks) if the "brother/sister" bit had already been introduced into series canon.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Oh, I'm aware of that, wolfie (not of the Expanded Universe story, but of when the bit was most likely introduced to the story). I just figure that was also the point where Lucas really decided which character he wanted Leia to end up with, then made sure to do the "he's my brother" bit to fend off angry fans of the other pairing or something like that. Cover his bases and all. I can't think of any other reason why there would've been that kiss between Leia and Luke in Empire.
                                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                                X