This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January was too calm...

so to make up for it, that bitch Mother Nature is making up for it at the end of February.

Light rain and ice tomorrow to make the drive into work interesting, and then 6 to 10 inches of snow Thursday.

As I'm working carryouts both days, I will be responsible for salting and shoveling the sidewalks, and possibly shoveling out the emergency exits Friday after the plows do their thing and build a waist-high wall of snow in front of said emergency exits.

Yaaay. Not.

*flips off the heavens with both hands*
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

*sends Irv Sacramento's weather* and a for the way the plows make more work for you. I hate that about them.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I hear you, Irv! As always!

January was just bitterly cold. I mean, so cold if you grabbed a doorknob from outside, you'd tear skin right off of your hand and it'd bleed.

We didn't even get a foot of snow in January.

But then there was some light snow in early February......followed by a few days of glorious upper 30s and even 40s and almost 50 degree days.....the roads and sidewalks all melted and then the water evaporated and I bought some nice heels and only got to wear them ONCE.....

Because....

It got bitterly cold again for a few days, then back to normal or just slightly below...then last Tuesday night we got dumped on with about 4 inches of snow, and then another 2 or 3 more Friday night....

Tomorrow looks pretty mild, but Thursday they are predicting 1-4 inches...they said they may add more if the system goes further north.

STOP. FUCKING. SNOWING. ENOUGH! December's record breaking totals was enough for the entire winter!

If this is like last year and there's still over a foot of snow on the ground in April, I will invent the biggest hair dryer in the world and will melt it all myself. When the economy gets better and this city gets out of its budget cut loving, I say they make heated sidewalks and roads. And then fix the fucking potholes permanently....don't just fill them in once every week after a snowstorm.
      Last edited by blas; 02-25-2009, 04:05 AM.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

*bump*

We've now been upped to 4-8 inches for tomorrow. I'm going to keep in tune with the news and see if there's any chance the storm will weaken or head south....or worst-case but most likely scenario...get stronger and up it more to 8-10 inches. UGH!

Now I gotta wake up extra early to get my grocery shopping and errands done before it starts. It's going to be that super wet, sloppy, heavy snow. That stuff is back breaking to clean off your car and shovel. Great. Once I get home tomorrow, I'll be snowed in all damn day and night. I'm just going to hope and pray they plow and clear up the roads by Friday because I have to go back home and do laundry 15 miles away...

This is going to be great. The past few days it's been in the 30s and 40s. At night, all the puddles freeze. No doubt about it, tomorrow, once it's back to the 20s and staying there, all that snow will cover the ice and it'll be even more dangerous with sneaky willy nilly ice......

Then more snow Saturday....MAKE. IT. STOP!

Comment

I could NOT live where you guys live. I HATE the snow....I think so far this year my area has gotten a little less than a foot of the evil white stuff. I can live with that. lol.

Comment

Heh. I'll see your 4-8, Blas, and raise you 6-10.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Blas and Irv--where in Wisconsin are you located? I live in West Bend, which is about 35 miles northwest of Milwaukee. We're only supposed to get 1-2 inches.
              The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Quoth derangedperson View Post
                Blas and Irv--where in Wisconsin are you located? I live in West Bend, which is about 35 miles northwest of Milwaukee. We're only supposed to get 1-2 inches.
                here in the Green Bay area they are now saying 6 - 10 depending on which way the front moves. still predicting rain/snow mix as I am starting to deliver this afternoon/tonight.

the road are gonna suck and we are gar un teed to be busy

I agree NO MORE SNOW
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth derangedperson View Post
                  I'm just going to say I'm about 60 miles north of you.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'll just say I live about an hour and a half from Minneapolis....

Becks, we got raised to 6-10 inches. Most schools around here are letting out between noon and 2, despite the fact that supposedly it's not going to start until about 3 or 4 this afternoon. I'm not sure if they will cancel school or not tomorrow, but I still have to wander to do my laundry.

I managed to get all my errands done, and now all I have left once it starts snowing is to go out every few hours and shovel around my car so that I can get it out tomorrow. If I let all the snow fall and don't do that, my car will be buried and stuck. It can get stuck in 4 inches of unplowed snow.

Comment

I don't know if they changed our projected totals (I haven't turned on my TV since before Thanksgiving...), but from what a lot of people said, it was foretold that the snow would start at 3 pm.

And it did.

And the store was MUCH busier than I expected once the snow started falling.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

It started here around 2 actually......I can see how it quickly made its way east.

We got dumped on for about 2 hours, then it settled down, then was just light and quiet.

I'm so glad we didn't get 10 inches, but I'm a little hissy at the weatherfolk right now.

Comment

Working...
                        X